Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL / UA / AC : MSP - FRA $341 deals RT!!! (2017)

Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

DL / UA : MSP - FRA $341 deals

Minneapolis to Frankfurt (MSP – FRA) – $341
Departures: January 23-31, Feb 1-28, March 1-24, 27-29
Returns: Almost daily through April 5 (min 7 day trip)

Air Canada: $322 RT
United: $327 RT
DELTA! : $367 RT

Source: thriftytraveler

Booking links: http://www.momondo.com/flightsearch/...AD=1&TK=ECO&DO

Happy New Year!
Nick

Last edited by Pat89339; Dec 27, 2016 at 7:31 pm Reason: TOS 7 and 10 and remove affiliate links
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Any way to determine the fare class?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Romelle
Any way to determine the fare class?
Um yeah. Go and look up a flight on Google flights and then follow the link to delta.com.

Cheapest fare I see on DL is a $404.86 V fare (not seeing anything for $367). But it requires a 7 day min stay as noted above. Fare is good for Jan 4 - Mar 31. There's another V fare that only requires a Saturday night stay (after arrival). But this goes for $100 more at $504.86. Similar fares available to MUC. AMS, CDG, and MAN are on sale as well from MSP for a bit more. Same dates as above. AF/KL also have some cheap fares to HEL/TLL from MSP in the same ballpark.

Looks like the big guys are going after Icelandair.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 27, 2016 at 11:29 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:34 am

So I went through this to the point of booking. Momondo sent me to skybooker and a message popped up on skybooker saying I had to call them. I did this and the first agent asked me which flights, which times, which airlines and how much I found the ticket cost. Then he sent me to another agent. That agent said she found the flights, confirmed the times, dates, etc. Then she said that what would happen would be that I would give her some information (she mentioned names, birthdates, etc) then she would send me a form via e-mail with all of the passenger information and all of the flight information. I would then need to sign that form and follow the directions to send it back to her (I am assuming I would scan it and e-mail it back, but I don't know this). Then she would give the form to 'her team' and they would confirm and issue the tickets. I have never booked with skybooker or anything close to this method so I declined the tickets at that point. Has anyone booked with skybooker or had to call in and go through this whole process?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's very rare to see good fare bargains on DL exMSP.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yep, too bad there's the 7 day stay or I'd be on this one. Never been to Germany.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Yep, too bad there's the 7 day stay or I'd be on this one. Never been to Germany.
Right? I was excited for this as a fun weekend run. We get nothing here in MSP
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:46 am

There are some good Iceland Air fares to Munich and Helsinki for about ~400 from Wednesday to Sunday. Not really good for mileage running though.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
for the MQM focused, beware the "direct" DL86/DL87 flights through DTW which earn 8,784 MQMs on the RT vs. 9,378 with a change of flight numbers in DTW or 11,042 going through ATL in both directions.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
for the MQM focused, beware the "direct" DL86/DL87 flights through DTW which earn 8,784 MQMs on the RT vs. 9,378 with a change of flight numbers in DTW or 11,042 going through ATL in both directions.
7 day time frame kind of kills it for me. I'd love to do it but that time length I can't do.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Right? I was excited for this as a fun weekend run. We get nothing here in MSP
Again, as I mentioned above, there are $500 V fares that only require a Saturday night stay and thus would be good for a weekend run. $500 is still a very good on DL from MSP and is within range of being mileage run material.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
7 day time frame kind of kills it for me. I'd love to do it but that time length I can't do.
Are there chances to back-to-back this?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by LBJ
Again, as I mentioned above, there are $500 V fares that only require a Saturday night stay and thus would be good for a weekend run. $500 is still a very good on DL from MSP and is within range of being mileage run material.
Yes, I've been looking at booking a nice long weekend. Those fares are great for MSP!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tblack15
Are there chances to back-to-back this?
This is generally referred to as nesting and requires booking an RT in each direction. The issue is that, unlike domestic fares, international fares are generally not the same when booked in the reverse direction. In this case, they are somewhat higher when booked in reverse -- about $515 ex-EU vs. $400 for ex-US flights. You can do about as well with a short weekend stay for $500 ex-US, so there's not much value to nesting in this case.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Similar fares are available from MSP - CDG. They are in the $450 to $550 range, depending on the dates.

Here is an example on Delta:

https://goo.gl/flights/ivUP

Can be had for even cheaper on Icelandair with a 24hr stop in Iceland:

https://goo.gl/flights/vSD8

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.