Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PDXPremier
Routes / Airports / Dates

1/10 - 1/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
1/17 - 1/19 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
1/23 - 1/25 PDX-SFO-(BOS-LAX-(JFK-SFO-PDX)) (Kuchingite)
1/23 - 1/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/23 - 1-24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO (Viajero Millero)
1/24 - 1/25 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
1/24 - 1/26 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/26 - 1/28 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/30 - 1/31 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (uaflr)
1/31 - 2/02 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (blodders)

2/03 - 2/04 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX-LAX (hiima)
2/03 - 2/05 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (John DELTA)
2/04 - 2/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX (Single_Flyer)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (zebes)
2/11 - 2/12 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/21 - 2/23 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Coffee84, hypertext)
2/21 - 2/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (jmmlaguna)
2/21 - 2/22 Pdx-Sfo-Fll-Lax-Jfk-Sfo-Pdx (nawlins)
2/22 - 2/23 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (knnryerye)
2/26 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
2/28 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Quinlanty, John DELTA)

3/01 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (jinglish)
3/03 - 3/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
3/04 - 3/05 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
3/04 - 3/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
3/06 - 3/08 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/07 - 3/09 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (pilluelo)
3/07 - 3/08 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hypertext)
3/10 - 3/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (hiima)
3/13 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/14 - 3/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (solewalker, hypertext, wilma)
3/14 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (socalgecko)
3/15 - 3/16 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (solewalker)
3/31 - 4/02 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)

4/04 - 4/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
4/18 - 4/20 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (hypertext)
4/21 - 4/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hiima)

5/02 - 5/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
5/04 - 5/05 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Windward Side of Life)

6/02 - 6/03 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)

9/08 - 9/09 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
9/12 - 9/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg)
9/30 - 10/01 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-SEA (charliew24)

10/02 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (rustykettel)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX(Gumbocook)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (socalgecko)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
10/03 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
10/06 - 10/08 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)
10/09 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-IAD-SFO-LAX-PDX (rustykettel)
10/11 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (FijiBill)
10/12 - 10/14 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (hiima)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (charliew24)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Pdxpremier)
10/14 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (maskedmesothorium)
10/17 - 10/19 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (Coffee84)
10/17 - 10/20 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing, wheresdg, Quinlanty)
10/20 - 10/22 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
10/22 - 10/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (FijiBill)

11/14 - 11/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg, wilma)
11/29 - 11/30 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold,
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
I'm on VX 948/420/251/816. You?
i ended up having to change weekends, I forgot about an event I have in SF on the 11th. I'm doing almost the same route as you but two weekends later. I think our only difference in flights is that I'm staying in Portland until Sunday evening to visit a friend. I may do another later in the year - glad to know there's other SFO flyers participating in the madness.

EDIT: also, I'm on 932 from sfo to lax so I have enough time to grab dinner with a relative.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:25 pm

PDXsb, how did your 2nd round go?

Working on a couple more but I'm trying to avoid the shorter turns with less than 2 hours. Did your LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX go smooth?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Looks like i need to book another one. I just learned my final exam is going on during my May run Oh well it was only a single but i also have to dump my PDX-HNL-SFO-JFK VX F award return on the way home (That was a killer deal at 25K). Damn Blogger killed that great award routing. Luckily no one is in their right mind would do one of these in Y so its still alive I guess not looking at that wiki. Feel sorry for the idiots that wasted 15,000 AS miles to a single RT in Y when they could be earning a ton of miles
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Looks like i need to book another one. I just learned my final exam is going on during my May run Oh well it was only a single but i also have to dump my PDX-HNL-SFO-JFK VX F award return on the way home (That was a killer deal at 25K). Damn Blogger killed that great award routing. Luckily no one is in their right mind would do one of these in Y so its still alive I guess not looking at that wiki. Feel sorry for the idiots that wasted 15,000 AS miles to a single RT in Y when they could be earning a ton of miles
There were other generous VX mileage routings that popped up last week - SFO-BOS/NYC/WAS-LAX for 15k in F. I see this VX routing has since been updated.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by nawlins
There were other generous VX mileage routings that popped up last week - SFO-BOS/NYC/WAS-LAX for 15k in F. I see this VX routing has since been updated.
Yes I grabbed a BOS-SFO-HNL-LAX-JFK in F for 25K. It was an amazing loophole around for a long time I just never tried it for domestic. Just an idiot blogger who stumbled onto something small not realizing how deep it goes, killing a good deal. There was a killer Y-up glitch on UA for nearly 2 years that got killed by loud mouth idiot blogger who accidentally got one. Bye bye went my guaranteed instant upgrades to J for the price of lowest Y.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by PDXsb
Lost a couple of segments on my MR due to a 3 hour mechanical issue delay on the plane that came in from SFO, followed by a very close to 3 hour snow delay on the PDX tarmac Tuesday night. We managed to have wheels up just after midnight with literally a few minutes to spare (otherwise we would have had to turn around to the gate). Having communicative and resourceful pilots with a sense of humor made all the difference.

Also, that night I learned that it costs nearly 4K to de-ice the A320 we were on.

And to think I'm doing another run next week.
I just had the same happen to me this week. I had originally had PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX and lost SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX due to massive delays at SFO for arriving flights. Also, had a mechanical failure on PDX-SFO at the beginning so was rebooked on an already severely delayed AS PDX-SFO flight and no way to make the SFO-FLL connection in time.

What exacerbated the situation was I booked all mine through Amex Travel because I couldn't get my dates to price directly, and to get 5x Amex points on the purchase.

I eventually got it figured out (helps that I'm Elevate Gold) but there was a huge issue because I let VX rebook that first segment on AS and basically Amex Travel claimed they couldn't help me rebook around irrops because VX owns the ticket now after making that rebooking. But VX claimed I had to do it through Amex. It took 5 hours of phone calls, but VX eventually took care of me.

I landed in SFO on the late AS rebooking, and then had VX rebook me SFO-LAX so I could catch up on the rest of my run (and they technically had to rebook me on LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX since my original itinerary technically no-showed cancelled)

After spending almost 5 hours on the phone, I got competent supervisors to assure me at VX that I would get ORC and a note has been made in my account. Also, I have printed all paper boarding passes, so I can submit to AS as well in case something happens.

Originally Posted by CDKing
they are probably on vacation.

I'd book more but 7 is probably enough for me. I'm doing 2 back to back doubles in Feburary into March and then headed home to Boston just to turn around and go to Hawaii. It will give me practice before i do my triple (6 RT in a row).
I am in the middle of doing the 2nd run of 2 full runs back to back. The last SFO-PDX return on my 1st run ended up being the same plane for the start of my 2nd run PDX-SFO, so that helps mitigate possible delays in and out of SFO since usually the transcon ex-SFO is 2.5-3 hour layover in SFO after arriving from PDX. I am only including this info due to the other poster below

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero

Working on a couple more but I'm trying to avoid the shorter turns with less than 2 hours. Did your LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX go smooth?
The issue IMO if you're doing this in January or February are weather delays at SFO. My first run, I had irrops due to wind/rain at SFO, and although the weather wasn't great at PDX and they are recovering from a winter storm, SFO just is a complete mess. Any rain/wind causes huge backups coming into SFO. The first PDX-SFO leg just gets lower priority at SFO as they clear backed up queues. The other issue is the transcon ex-SFO leaves around 11pm local which by that time there's less traffic and most flights leave on time. This happened to me where SFO-FLL left on time, but I did not land in SFO from PDX until after midnight, 4 hours after scheduled and a missed connection.

If you're doing 2 runs back to back, you may luck out as I stated above.

Hope this helps everyone.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA, DL, EK, HH, SBUX, Global Entry

My second round was cut short because I wasn't feeling well plus I forgot to tie up some loose ends at work before I left.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:09 am

For the wiki, please and thank you! 2/10-2/11 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Need a link please.

Originally Posted by Coffee84
Just got LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX Feb 21-23 for $136 all-in. crazy 0.53 cpm w/AS MP75k
can someone set up a link for this? Where do you go to price price out multi city stops? Google has a limit of 5 I think.

Thank you!!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:28 pm

My second round was cut short because I wasn't feeling well plus I forgot to tie up some loose ends at work before I left.
For the wiki, please and thank you! 2/10-2/11 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX
Coming for redemption!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:44 pm

For the wiki:

2/21-2/22
pdx-sfo-fll-lax-jfk-sfo-pdx
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
1. How do you "cut it short" for this trip...don't you have to be in PDX at some point so you couldn't get to JFK and call it quits, right?

2. How full were the VX flights? My wife is going on my runs with me and we're hoping for an empty middle in the back since we booked the window/aisle combo on all our flights.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by bosca418
can someone set up a link for this? Where do you go to price price out multi city stops? Google has a limit of 5 I think.

Thank you!!
Try
LAX-JFK
JFK-PDX
PDX-BOS
BOS-LAX
for the legs in Google Flights.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:34 pm

Coming for redemption!
You know it!!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
1. How do you "cut it short" for this trip...don't you have to be in PDX at some point so you couldn't get to JFK and call it quits, right?

2. How full were the VX flights? My wife is going on my runs with me and we're hoping for an empty middle in the back since we booked the window/aisle combo on all our flights.
It was cut short in that after getting to LAX I made the decision to turn around and get the next flight home.

On my first run a couple weeks ago the VX flights were pretty full in the back. I think because folks often don't want to pay an extra $15-$80 more for a seat when they'll still be in the main cabin anyway. The back is where the no extra charge seats are but depending on the route you could get lucky. When I did SFO-PDX I was close to the back and the middle seat in my row was empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.