Reload this Page >

UA: PVG-Island Hopper-EWR 346 USD

UA: PVG-Island Hopper-EWR 346 USD

Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am looking at this too, will search ITA when get home
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
I love this. It is crazy and that makes it all the more enticing to try! Did anyone end up booking this?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: UA*G, SK*G
I myself ended up deciding against it after all, after weeks of pondering. For me, the logistics just appeared a bit too challenging. Not the Island hopper itself but getting back afterwards, and dealing with the whole US immigration procedure in between. It's always a hassle.

Gonna go to Bangkok after Shanghai instead. Also good
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA
soo...who will book this?
I'm in NYC and definitely interested.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
Very interesting.

Does anyone know which side of the aircraft will afford the best approach views? (If doing this from GUM to HNL)
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:11 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Originally Posted by Misterphat
soo...who will book this?
I'm in NYC and definitely interested.
A little early in the year for a $700 mileage run for me I'm afraid, although it does look like a great deal. Hard to get sign-off from the other half with so much non-optional travel still outstanding!

FYI tried to reply to your PM and it says "Misterphat has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages."
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Plat, AS 75K, AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Booked in June:

PVG to GUM
GUM to HNL (UA155)
HNL to SFO
SFO to SEA

Total: $465
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:45 am

I need something like this for August, about 30th or later. Do you see sth?

M.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
For those of you who booked from USA, how are you getting to PVG and avoid the regular Chinese visa? Rather not burn miles to position myself to PVG.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt
Still comes up at $346 for me... If you do this, PLEASE do a trip report!!
have you found this round trip?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Im trying to book this for Feb 12 in a rather impulsive buy, but everytime I go on the United website, when I enter my card number to reserve, it reloads and shows me the flights again, this time in pounds which is 700 more.

On the phone they will find the price in Yuan but they can only book it in Yuan with a China based card.

Any ideas?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA
I successfully booked the trip for Feb 16 on United website using my Chase United branded Visa card. Still not sure if I'll go. I'll decide within the 24 hours cancellation policy time frame.

here's the link: https://goo.gl/flights/Rm6U

Originally Posted by Redwood839
Im trying to book this for Feb 12 in a rather impulsive buy, but everytime I go on the United website, when I enter my card number to reserve, it reloads and shows me the flights again, this time in pounds which is 700 more.

On the phone they will find the price in Yuan but they can only book it in Yuan with a China based card.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Misterphat; Jan 29, 2017 at 5:59 pm Reason: added the google flight link
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Redwood839

Any ideas?
Use an OTA. UA website determines point of sale based on billing address.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.