Wiki Posts
Search

Cm: Iad - scl $221 rt

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by iahphx
While SCL may be better than most Latin American cities (I think it is), I suspect the vast majority of foreign visitors will prefer to spend their Chilean time outside of Santiago. Like the Lake District (it should be called the Volcano District) is an incredibly appealing spring/summer/fall destination. And there's also Patagonia and the Atacama. Fortunately, domestic flights in Chile are very cheap, and there are some nice areas you can drive to from SCL.
Yep. I simply said SCL is a great city. Since this is a MR forum, most people will only be going down for a day or two (or even a quick turn) so they won't be leaving SCL.

Chile is a beautiful country. So is Argentina. Mendoza would be a nice, quick trip and for $40 it seems like a no-brainer.

But you can easily spend a few days in SCL proper and not run out of things to do or beauty to see.

-RM
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Yep. I simply said SCL is a great city. Since this is a MR forum, most people will only be going down for a day or two (or even a quick turn) so they won't be leaving SCL.

Chile is a beautiful country. So is Argentina. Mendoza would be a nice, quick trip and for $40 it seems like a no-brainer.

But you can easily spend a few days in SCL proper and not run out of things to do or beauty to see.

-RM
It's a mr forum, but I don't think most people is using this as a mr, as most mr are dead, just glad the reciprocity fee is gone, im going to go skiing in August, also need to decide if I want to rent a car or not? Want to go to the coast again and maybe the desert
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuel
It's a mr forum, but I don't think most people is using this as a mr, as most mr are dead, just glad the reciprocity fee is gone, im going to go skiing in August, also need to decide if I want to rent a car or not? Want to go to the coast again and maybe the desert
Yeah, it would seem like mileage running is basically dead. I sure don't see how you could use this as a MR. I buy these as vacation fares, and try to get as many ff miles as I can to reduce my out-of-pocket costs. As a lifetime UA 1K, though, it's pretty pathetic to fly down to Chile and pocket a whopping 5000 miles for a roundtrip. I can remember getting more than 20,000 miles for such a trip!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, it would seem like mileage running is basically dead. I sure don't see how you could use this as a MR. I buy these as vacation fares, and try to get as many ff miles as I can to reduce my out-of-pocket costs. As a lifetime UA 1K, though, it's pretty pathetic to fly down to Chile and pocket a whopping 5000 miles for a roundtrip. I can remember getting more than 20,000 miles for such a trip!
Same here. I would go to Santiago just to relax, drink good wine and enjoy the scene. I love Santiago.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:38 am

Those that booked via Orbitz, check your confirmation. My 2 were cancelled.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wspfan
Wow. A bit surprising. How little did you pay? In this round, I bought the slightly more expensive spring fare (in the high $200s) and my reservation is still fine.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by wspfan
After how many days did they cancel?

Any email notification or communication of any other kind?

Reason provided?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.