Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: EU-USA-SouthAmerica-USA-EU 3.6cpm

Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Nice fares if you wanna go from Europe to South America with stop overs in the US possible both ways.

I got the following itinerary but I know you can use different cities in Europe / USA and South America for slightly cheaper or more. (For example, returning to BRU on the following itinerary is about $70 more)

DUS-AMS-DTW
(stop over)
DTW-ATL-SCL
(stop over)
SCL-ATL-LGA
(stop over)
JFK-LHR

This was 692 USD for 18.5k miles.

EDIT: Can get the previous itinerary for $658 without the stop over on the way back = 3.6 cpm
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
i've got a credit with Delta to use... this could be an option. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Mict
Nice fares if you wanna go from Europe to South America with stop overs in the US possible both ways.

I got the following itinerary but I know you can use different cities in Europe / USA and South America for slightly cheaper or more. (For example, returning to BRU on the following itinerary is about $70 more)

DUS-AMS-DTW
(stop over)
DTW-ATL-SCL
(stop over)
SCL-ATL-LGA
(stop over)
JFK-LHR

This was 692 USD for 18.5k miles.

EDIT: Can get the previous itinerary for $658 without the stop over on the way back = 3.6 cpm
what dates or timeframe?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yuel
what dates or timeframe?
This trips spans from 08/31 to 09/25 but the flights were pretty much the same price for the whole month of September. Didn't check other months.

Here is an example:
https://www.kayak.com/flights/DUS-DT...BRU/2016-09-26
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Been doing this for years to visit EU + South America multiple times per year. It's a great deal and makes it easy to maintain status. Usually need to return to the same EU country otherwise the price will jump. I was even able to do it in J on the outbound once for a 50% premium or so. PM me if you need help getting something to work. There are lots of interesting possible combinations. The max stay is usually rather generous, and the stopovers in DL hubs are cheap or free.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:31 am

Also in Winter?

Hi, is this also valid in winter months? I can't seem to price it for less than $1000. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:45 pm

Yes, you just need to play with the dates and flights to get the T fare on all legs.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:25 am

Canada

Thank you!
I managed to get the itinerary priced with YUL as final destination in N.America (for about $120 more), but when I click the Kayak link, Delta site gives me an error message "unautorized connection" or something in that line.
Can anybody enlighten on what the problem could be and ways to go around it?
Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:54 pm

If you fly into DL hub cities then some of these trips can be had for around $2k all in Biz Class.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:26 am

FYI, you can find V fares that are cheaper but they only allow one stopover in the USA. Years ago even the cheapest fares allowed for dual stopovers.

Also, I've found that you typically need to go in/out of the same region. You can mix German airports. Or sometimes BRU and AMS, for example. Also, depending on your European origin you might be able to go in one South American destination and out from another.

Regarding D1 pricing, I got a mixed Z/T fare for $1600 and used a GUC to upgrade the return. The routing I purchased would have been over $2600 all in Z.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Does anyone got about the same price leaving from SCL?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Does anyone got about the same price leaving from SCL?
This is for starting and ending in Europe. Doesn't work reverse usually.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.