Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: NYC-HKG-NYC / HKG-DCA-HKG 39K Miles Under $1200 (~2.9 CPM)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Playing around with flights to HKG I noticed an opportunity to stack 2 round trip tickets, one originating in NYC the other in HKG. See examples below:

NYC-HKG-NYC: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A138;a=AA;eo=e

HKG-DCA-HKG: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A193;a=AA;eo=e
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
In the words of ET "Ooooooooouuuuuch."

That is a heck of a trip.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Aaah, not much pain here.

Layover #1 in HKG Nov 11-12 is 22+ hours, more like a vacation. Beach trip planned?

Layover in WAS Nov 13 is 8.5 hours. A visit to a Museum is recommended, especially to an interesting special exhibition

Layover #2 in HKG Nov 15 is 8+ hours. See the city pulse from the Star Ferry and savour some street food

A short layover is not any problem with some previous planning. On the PAR-MAD MR the other year, I managed 4 layovers in SYD, all with 10 hours, including the train ride airport-city r/t.

The more worrying question here is where to credit the travel on these cheapo tickets? Wouldn't be much use on AA anymore, EQD not very impressive. Another OW FFP program crediting discounted coach better?

Otherwise a nice find OP, and thanks for sharing. Certainly a challenge. Will look into my fall travel plans tomorrow, hope theses rates are still alive then.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: DL ✈️
I only see two problems:
Revenue tickets (too bad! that could have been 78k RDM)
And ECONOMY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.