Wiki Posts
Search

AA: MIA - LAS $181 (July 12 and 13)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, DAL Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver
Smile AA: MIA - LAS $181 (July 13)

For those locally trying to get an additional 4,350 EQM before the August 1st devaluation...

4.2 CPM

Last edited by sawastea; Jul 5, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
EQMs wont change after the deval, only RDMs.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:36 pm

I think what he means is that EQM will deval because it will be $ based so all these cheap mile runs won't mean anything anymore. Am I wrong??
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by AAEXPMIA
I think what he means is that EQM will deval because it will be $ based so all these cheap mile runs won't mean anything anymore. Am I wrong??
Half wrong and half right. The new requirements include both a dollar spend and an eqm earnings requirement. Thus, eqms are worth less only in the sense that by themselves will not reach qualification, but they remain necessary. Depending on one's travel patterns (a lot of costly short miles trips) it may still be useful and necessary to take those cheap mile runs to meet both the spend and eqm requirements.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rens
Half wrong and half right. The new requirements include both a dollar spend and an eqm earnings requirement. Thus, eqms are worth less only in the sense that by themselves will not reach qualification, but they remain necessary. Depending on one's travel patterns (a lot of costly short miles trips) it may still be useful and necessary to take those cheap mile runs to meet both the spend and eqm requirements.
Agreed. Also, there are business people who generally have to book late, which means their $ spent / miles flown ratio is high enough that reaching EQM is a bigger concern than EQD; there are also people who fly a lot on partner-marketed flights, where often the RDM and EQD is better than on AA but the EQM is worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.