Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BA/IB/AA: Italy-Mexico €300 (Full Y fare + feeder in Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] BA/IB/AA: Italy-Mexico €300 (Full Y fare + feeder in Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: DL ✈️
It is not yet confirmed that partner airlines will earn revenue-based miles.

Take as example United, it only matters who operates the flight
Take as example Delta, partner airlines earn more RDM / MQD than actually flying DL.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by tomasdev
It is not yet confirmed that partner airlines will earn revenue-based miles.

Take as example United, it only matters who operates the flight
Take as example Delta, partner airlines earn more RDM / MQD than actually flying DL.
But mine are IB coded, but operated by AA. So I think this still counts?

Anyway, I have still yet to decide if I will continue with the AA program or move to BA for next year with all the upcoming changes. I will only decide when the charts of partner earnings are released next month.

Cheers!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
American has stated:

For travel beginning August 1, 2016

Earn award miles based on your ticket price and elite status on American-marketed flights.

On most flights marketed by partner airlines, you'll earn award miles based on a percentage of the flight distance and the fare class of your ticket. Rates will be available by July 15.
So, as before, the determiner will be "marketed", not "operated", except for the "on most flights" caveat. "by July 15" (but not right now) you will know what "award miles" you'll earn on your IB-marketed flight, based on "the flight distance and the fare class".
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:21 am

Sorry for bumbping this thread on top but I have a question regarding this flight (don't know if it the right place to ask though).

Is it advisable (or even possible) to call and ask for the inbound leg MEX-CUN operated by 4O to be cancelled?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by samuli
Sorry for bumbping this thread on top but I have a question regarding this flight (don't know if it the right place to ask though).

Is it advisable (or even possible) to call and ask for the inbound leg MEX-CUN operated by 4O to be cancelled?
If you mean, call someone to cancel the flight, no.

If you mean, call someone to cancel your reservation on the flight, that's certainly possible, but to say whether it's advisable you'd have to provide more info.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:26 am

I mean call Iberia to ask to cancel just the short flight MEX to CUN, this way my itineray becomes Italy-MEX CUN-Italy (intead of Italy-CUN rt).
Is it advisable I mean, since this was probably a mistaken fare (and since on an italian blog many people reported they have been charged 3000+ eur for the ticket after purchase!!), will they be able to do some 'nasty things'?
I hope I made the point.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:58 am

I mean call Iberia to ask to cancel just the short flight MEX to CUN, this way my itineray becomes Italy-MEX CUN-Italy (intead of Italy-CUN rt).
Is it advisable I mean, since this was probably a mistaken fare (and since on an italian blog many people reported they have been charged 3000+ eur for the ticket after purchase!!), will they be able to do some 'nasty things'?
I hope I made the point.
Whats the name of the Italian blog ?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
I hope I made the point.
The answer is no.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
The answer is no.
The answer to "will they be able to do some 'nasty things'?" is no, right? Not to "is it advisable?"...

Blog is called pirati in viaggio
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:04 pm

The answer to "will they be able to do some 'nasty things'?" is no, right? Not to "is it advisable?"...

Calling to change your itinerary that way will almost certainly result in repricing and a change fee. If this is a mistake fare, doing so is not advisable, as it is likely to result in either much higher cost or cancellation.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
aka http://www.travelpirates.com/
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, it is not advisable to this as it will lead to a recalculation of the fare, i.e. you will have to pay the new higher/correct price for your ticket.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:32 am

Has anyone phoned IB and make any changes, after flying the first leg ? I have a inbound MEX-LHR-LIN. And I would like to change the LHR-LIN to a later date.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA, Aeroflot Bonus, Miles&Smiles, Hilton Honours
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:19 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just some updates on this ticket
a) for those with AA ticket stock - they are honoring the fare but NOT the rules. So no matter if you fly or don't fly the first leg or outbound, any changes will incur a recalculation of the fare differences.
b) looks like a stopover of < 24 hours is OK, but not more.
c) rerouting looks to be ok as long as the final destination is the same.

Did anyone fly this yet?

Mod: Propose to move this to the [Fare Gone] section.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.