Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: LAX-ORD/DFW $65, same day turns

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I tipped TFD after I posted on here but made sure I booked what I wanted to before I did. I wonder who posted on SD, funny to see all the plebs there not knowing how to replicate.
Why tip TFD even if you have booked what you want?

edit: just asking out of curiosity.

Last edited by fumje; Jun 19, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
Why tip TFD even if you have booked what you want?

edit: just asking out of curiosity.
Agreed. You just killed it for all the FT members who might have needed it. TFD is responsible for the premature death of way too many good deals. Way to selfishly use FT (getting what you want and not thinking of others on this forum before running your mouth). This isn't a fare that would interest me but skill booking and yapping is pretty sketch in my book.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Agreed. You just killed it for all the FT members who might have needed it. TFD is responsible for the premature death of way too many good deals. Way to selfishly use FT (getting what you want and not thinking of others on this forum before running your mouth). This isn't a fare that would interest me but skill booking and yapping is pretty sketch in my book.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm free to do what I want with a deal that I found. While the dissemination of deals by other sites is unfortunate, they would've stolen the fare eventually. I've bought fares that TFD mentioned that weren't mentioned here and VV.

Next time I'll just post the deal in an private chatroom that I'll invite you to...
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I met the OP at LAX awhile back this year, seems to me that he is a very nice guy.. Pehaps it's a newbie mistake on his part (and by calling others Plebs) would not be my choice of words when referring to other patrons of Talkboards, as we may browse there as well. I assume the OP has learned from the recent commentary here, so let's get back to finding good fares.

I for one booked (3) on this one.. 1 LAX-ORD-LAX 1 LAX-DFW-LAX and 1 LAX-ORD-BOS. Very happy about this posting.. And in fact I read about it on another Talkboard before here, then furthered my continuing education on FT... Thanks and Safe Travels.. And OP as I wrote this in your favor, just read your reply, perhaps you may want to edit..
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm free to do what I want with a deal that I found. While the dissemination of deals by other sites is unfortunate, they would've stolen the fare eventually. I've bought fares that TFD mentioned that weren't mentioned here and VV.

Next time I'll just post the deal in an private chatroom that I'll invite you to...
That's not the spirt of FT, we are here to learn and share, not be guided somewhere else.. Perhaps you may want to reconsider..
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
I'll admit that tipping another site was my mistake but I don't think its lynch worthy. Let's bury the hatchet and enjoy post SMI/J years on UA.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I'll admit that tipping another site was my mistake but I don't think its lynch worthy. Let's bury the hatchet and enjoy post SMI/J years on UA.
Agreed. I'm fine with what folks decide to do - as if we all get selfish, and aren't in the right private threads, we're all worse off.

I would throw in that I'm seeing LGA-ORD real cheap now in September for same-days.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually I wasn't trying to pillory you; just wondering what could be the interest in alerting the blogs. Do they credit you with the tip or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.