Wiki Posts
Search

EK: GRU-DXB-BAH/RUH/BEY : €30-€60 rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
EK: GRU-DXB-BAH/RUH/BEY : €30-€60 rt

The blo-oh-oh got their hands on a funny deal. Not sure if this is useful to anyone and whether it will ticket, this is a true 0 BF (T class)

Available until December 2016.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Brazil's economy is in the dumpster so EK may honour these since planes are not flying out full anyways. Brazil has strong consumer protection too (if you have the ability to fight back).

Otherwise it's a toss in the dark to say whether they will or not given the 0 base fare.

T earns about 50% in most programs.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
I've been trying for 30 minutes and can't get this to work. The link on the blog works but those dates suck.

Can anyone get an October or November date to work?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:41 am

I think the fare was pulled out of GDS
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Yep fare was pulled
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Originally Posted by tymoon25
Yep fare was pulled
:-( I just cried a little in my porridge.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:28 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I had one priced to BAH, but repriced at the end womp womp womp
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
Managed to get on it to BEY with a 24hr stopover dubai either side on EK Website gives 5600 miles for pricely sum of £43. Etkt received.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Liams
Managed to get on it to BEY with a 24hr stopover dubai either side on EK Website gives 5600 miles for pricely sum of £43. Etkt received.
Congrats, my bet is you are going to fly as the Brazil rules are pretty tough when you have an etix!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:05 am

Sooo.... I just received my e-tickets with numbers and stuff. Looks legit! Went to emirates.com and chose seats. Everything seemed ok.

Now I need to figure out how to get to Sao Paolo... And from Beirut to Amman and then onto Jerusalem. Can AA give me a ticket that both on AA and TAM? I know Alaska won't and I don't want to spend outrageous amount of Avios.

Will keep you posted about how it goes!

Last edited by abcpp; Jun 16, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by abcpp
Sooo.... I just received my e-tickets with numbers and stuff. Looks legit!

Now I need to figure out how to get to Sao Paolo... And from Beirut to Amman and then onto Jerusalem. Can AA give me a ticket that both on AA and TAM? I know Alaska won't and I don't want to spend outrageous amount of Avios.

Will keep you posted about how it goes!
You know you will have issues getting from Beirut to Amman to Jerusalem. Israeli authorities frown upon people who visited the two aforementioned cities.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
You know you will have issues getting from Beirut to Amman to Jerusalem. Israeli authorities frown upon people who visited the two aforementioned cities.
They don't specifically frown upon visiting Amman. The State of Israel and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan have had official diplomatic relationships since 1994, and AMM-TLV is flown nonstop daily by RJ.

A recent visit to Beirut, on the other hand, might receive some scrutiny at the Israeli border.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

So it looks like Gotogate actually ticketed my GRU-BAH for the yuuuuge sum of €28... I was more expecting a cancellation e-mail as it took them 10 hours to ticket it. Look at the fact the e-ticket shows a charge in SEK which is slightly more than €28 but pending charges on my CC are correct.

Also nothing under "fare" and "equivalent fare" haha. I am not quite sure about the fare class, did this book in X in spite of being a T fare?

Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Anyone have the fare rules? Basis codes were TLXIPBR4 TLXIPBR1 and TLWIPBR1.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Thanks! My current plan is to use US passport to get from SEA to GRU and then onto BEY, but Russian passport to go to AMM and TLV. Hope it will work since there would be so many different reservations.

Thanks for the reminder!
A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.