DL/SKY: JFK-PVG-SIN in fare B + T

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ✈️
Thank you so much Rob!

Looking forward to my MU trip
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Rob Lewis
Hey y'all, just want to get with you and share my experience. China Eastern was GREAT! So very much better than expected. I'd say the only weak part was extremely slow baggage delivery at the claim, both directions, but other than that very solid. Excellent space for economy, with better than average recline.

Reference: https://goo.gl/photos/zKxqNgtNX8BCmkYU8

That's my photo album for my trip.

I'd say if you're jonesing for a mileage run/affordable getaway definitely look at China Eastern!

PS - Their 777 service JFK-SHA SHA-JFK seemed like a brand new aircraft. Spotless interior
The Jetlinx guy is cute. Also why didn't you use the Air France lounge at JFK? I think it's better than the Alitalia lounge. Glad to hear that China Eastern was decent. A lot of Chinese airlines have issues with pilots smoking and subpar catering among other things..
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by keitherson
The Jetlinx guy is cute. Also why didn't you use the Air France lounge at JFK? I think it's better than the Alitalia lounge. Glad to hear that China Eastern was decent. A lot of Chinese airlines have issues with pilots smoking and subpar catering among other things..
And ATC delays, oh wait that just China being China.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

JFK ? Use the Delta SkyClub <3
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by tomasdev
JFK ? Use the Delta SkyClub <3
That's a completely different terminal
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by keitherson
The "jetlinx guy" is me, lol.

We were directed to the Alitalia lounge. Perhaps the AF lounge was in another terminal? I'm not sure...
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:27 pm

Did the miles post as expected for those of you that went and are now back? Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Data point:

My miles didn't post at all.

Had to tweet to DL with the ticket number (because the website to request missing miles was not working for my ticket number, starting with 716, MU)

After two days, I got all the expected miles for T and B fares (yes! MQM bonus!!)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:05 pm

We were directed to the Alitalia lounge. Perhaps the AF lounge was in another terminal? I'm not sure...
The AF lounge is about 200 ft from the AZ lounge in the same terminal. Also to the right of the MU JFK-PVG gate.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Hey y'all, just want to get with you and share my experience. China Eastern was GREAT! So very much better than expected. I'd say the only weak part was extremely slow baggage delivery at the claim, both directions, but other than that very solid. Excellent space for economy, with better than average recline.

Reference: https://goo.gl/photos/zKxqNgtNX8BCmkYU8

That's my photo album for my trip.

I'd say if you're jonesing for a mileage run/affordable getaway definitely look at China Eastern!

PS - Their 777 service JFK-SHA SHA-JFK seemed like a brand new aircraft. Spotless interior
Internet says their 777s are all brand new!

Flying them next week for an 8 day trip to japan!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
It looks like Delta has amended its partner earning chart for China Eastern

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...a-eastern.html

T class only earns 30% RDMs after Nov 1, 2016
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Youngmiler

Whoah. Thanks for the update man!

I guess the technique to pick the next fare is still valid though the analysis is now more complex (for RDM, I think picking non-Q fares is still good for MQM)
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Youngmiler

Yah. The RDMs was HUGE beforehand. This is more inline with what it 'should' be. It still is pretty high though all things considered. Just flew JFK-PVG-NRT. The second part has not posted yet but the outbound did.

JFK-PVG-NRT - ~9K MQMs. Base RDMs 3300. Bonus RDMs(PM) - 2700. This is going to net about 12,000 RDMs on a 620 dollar round trip ticket. If you flew Delta on this exact route you would get less than half of that likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.