Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK-NRT-SIN rt 737 usd (20146 mqm; 3.7 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: JFK-NRT-SIN rt 737 usd (20146 mqm; 3.7 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM / GE / APEC
Originally Posted by pedrolami
I am also trying desperetely to get the stopover in NRT for $100 I even tried calling Delta but not chance. Price doubles. They say even though its part of the rules the system wont let them price it, and therefor price doubles. If anyone has any idea on how to add this stopover please let us know!!!
So I just spent an hour on the phone with the Medallion desk, the agent was quite confused as well but we eventually figured it out.

Essentially, the issue comes down to the HIP check:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...heck-mean.html

Since NRT->NYC is a much more expensive fare, when you add the stopover, it not only adds the $100 for the stopover, but also bumps the fare up to the more expensive price of what it would be from NRT->NYC.

Bummer! I was really trying to make that stopover work too.

That said, I just booked LGA-DTW-NRT-SIN as a MQM run by myself on Jan 11-19 (never been to Singapore, so making a mini vacation out of it) for $602 (not bad for 20452 MQM), if anyone wants to join me in Economy on either end!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:54 pm

I just booked that JFK-SIN mileage run for $587. I'll let you know how brutal is turns out to be!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta FO
i am in SIN right now recuperating from my flights here from PDX in Comfort +. It was BRUTAL! Turns out C+ was packed with large business guys on all my flights... After a painful first PDX-NRT stint, I watched the seat map on the app and boarded last for NRT-SIN, then scoped out seats in the back of the plane where I could stretch out a bit. Worked like a charm. Most people are afraid to move seats at least until the cabin door is closed, so if you time it right, you have your pick.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:36 am

I'm expecting the worst. Thanks for the tip about boarding and looking for empty seats.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: DL ✈️
Don't expect the worse unless you're one of those always-J guys. I've flown many times in economy. JFK-LHR-JNB is about the same than JFK-NRT-SIN... just try to sleep
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Anyone else taking this MR (JFK-MSP-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX-JFK) the weekend of 10/7 - 10/9 besides me?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
With Comfort+ you add $150 to the itinerary and you get 16000+ level miles on Flying Blue. Tempting, but already flying J to NRT in Oct
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by McMichaelNY
Anyone else taking this MR (JFK-MSP-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX-JFK) the weekend of 10/7 - 10/9 besides me?
didn't know it was available that weekend...bummer. Because I totally would have joined, but looking at flights this morning, I'm seeing it for ~$1,400 on Google Flights
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Ive done this run several times and its brutal in coach. But if you can sleep....your fine. Im trying to find a good weekend one before the end of teh year but everything im finding is mid week =/
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Ive done this run several times and its brutal in coach. But if you can sleep....your fine. Im trying to find a good weekend one before the end of teh year but everything im finding is mid week =/
As have I... the key, IMHO, is to find a seat with an empty seat next to it, whether in C+ or regular economy. Makes all the difference in the world.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
As have I... the key, IMHO, is to find a seat with an empty seat next to it, whether in C+ or regular economy. Makes all the difference in the world.
I lucked out on one last year and had entire rows to myself the entire trip. Was amazing
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I lucked out on one last year and had entire rows to myself the entire trip. Was amazing
I had either empty middle or an entire group of 3 (poor man's lie-flat ) to myself on all segments last year over Thanksgiving as well. Watch the seat map close to boarding; even if the app won't let you change seats you can try asking the GA to do it for you.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta IHG
Nov 8-10 2016 $762 (Tue-Thu)
https://www.kayak.com/flights/JFK-SI...-08/2016-11-10
Nov 22-24 2016 $727 (Tue-Thu) (Thanksgiving Week Surprisingly Low)
https://www.kayak.com/flights/JFK-SI...-22/2016-11-24
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:42 pm

Just to let you know I did survive that flight, it really wasn't so bad, despite things like middle seats, stuck in main cabin for one leg, and not being able to sleep. Was it worth the 21K MQM's? Heck yes! I still need 8999 before the end of the year, hopefully I can find a couple runs that are a little shorter. :-)
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:26 pm

Am I missing something? Can you not fly China Eastern for this and still get Delta Miles? This same route via CE is only $500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.