Wiki Posts
Search

UA: WAS to BKK 4 cpm Sept. to Dec.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Premier Plat
UA: WAS to BKK 4 cpm Sept. to Dec.

Similar to the NYC to BKK AA fair, UA is offering IAD to BKK through NRT for many dates Sept. to Dec. This works out to 19280 miles at $773.46, or 4.01cpm. I wish this was a little closer in...hate planning four months in advance!

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE
Old May 9, 2016, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Nice fare, but man, that's been reported as being a miserable ride from NRT to BKK on ANA's coach.
Old May 9, 2016, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Nice fare, but man, that's been reported as being a miserable ride from NRT to BKK on ANA's coach.
I don't think it is too bad. It is relatively short flight after enduring United's 14 hour IAD-NRT segment! For me, the excitement of arriving in (enter foreign city name here) masks any discomfort I feel on the last leg.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K- RCC
I was afraid of that ANA flight NRT-BKK-NRT especially after a united business experience to NRT. However having done it its really not too bad especially if you get the bulkhead as a *G IMO. If possible though I'd suggest taking the 12:30AM ANA flight back from BKK on the 787 vs. the 777 at 6am. Creates a long layover on NRT if you continue on a UA flight but I enjoy the time relaxing and refreshing vs. getting up at 3am for the 6am flight and rushing to the UA connection, plus the 787 may help. On the inbound to BKK there is also a 787 which gets in at 930pm vs. 11pm on the 777, but somehow UA doesn't seem to offer it much on their searches?
Old May 10, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
One can easily select seats on the NH segments. It's long, but luckily I had an entire 3 block on the 777. Back on the 788 in the exit row was nice enough.

Originally Posted by Mbenz
Creates a long layover on NRT
Doing it this year and renting a Nissan Skyline in Chiba for 4 hours!
Old May 13, 2016, 1:19 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Tblack15

Doing it this year and renting a Nissan Skyline in Chiba for 4 hours!
where you going? i've hung out in narita for a day but never really thought of getting a car
Old May 13, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Coach is never as good as business However, I just completed this round trip to BKK in coach on ANA via NRT last weekend. Had a 7 hour layover in BKK. My first time flying ANA and loved it. Very impressed with ANA's service; two decent hot meals, snacks, all the drinks you want, plenty of legroom through out the aircraft, quality entertainment equipment. And if your *G, ANA and Thai lounges have great food and showers. I also had an empty seat on each segment which helped. This trip is very doable and somewhat pleasant. Your price is a little high I paid $360 from JFK
I was not on it but doesn't ANA use a 787 on some flights between NRT-BKK?
Thanks op
Old May 13, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by cur
where you going? i've hung out in narita for a day but never really thought of getting a car
I have 8.5 hours at NRT.. I'll be taking a few trains, then renting a car from Omashiro Rent a Car (I think). It's a little pricey, but makes for a good story on a layover! They have some exotic/quick cars that are illegal in the states.

I'd suggest the 25GT over the GT-R for anyone that hasn't driven RHD Manual transmission though!

Originally Posted by Clincher
I was not on it but doesn't ANA use a 787 on some flights between NRT-BKK?
Yes. It's decent. I've even been able to book the exit row aisle via NH.com for my flights in the fall.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:23 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Tblack15
I have 8.5 hours at NRT.. I'll be taking a few trains, then renting a car from Omashiro Rent a Car (I think). It's a little pricey, but makes for a good story on a layover! They have some exotic/quick cars that are illegal in the states.
oh

i was hoping you'd say "some amazing onsen that's only 45 minutes north" or "there's this amazing cat cafe in the middle of a forest that has legal pot and has all you can eat okonomoyaki that's only 10 bucks for 4 hours"
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:29 am
Original Poster

This fare is cheaper now ($632, 3.3 CPM). I bit, going 10/5/2016. Anyone else going?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:32 am

Similar fare to KUL btw (though BKK is a nicer city, of course) - about 1000 PQM more.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:33 am

There is always Kura Sushi in Narita town (across from Aeon mall).
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Now through April

Just checked, these fares now go through April 2017. May have to take a couple in the first of the year to get PQMs started off right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.