Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: AKL-LAX $535 USD rt Oct-Dec (4.11cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: AKL-LAX $535 USD rt Oct-Dec (4.11cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:51 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Have to say I kinda agree with both here. As someone not (currently) based in the US, we have to work out our travel a lot better to maintain EXP. After we've spent however many thousands of dollars to do that, I don't want to go spend some more thousands to buy RDMs so I can travel.

Buying tickets ex-NZ is generally a ridiculous waste of money - even in coach, you can usually buy miles for an award cheaper than paying for the actual ticket. I'm excited about the competition that is finally coming here - maybe it'll cost us less than $2k to leave the country now!

But, still bummed that we'll be earning less RDMs now - as they were a great perk and allowed us to fly in premium cabins for not much more than what we would've had to pay to fly economy anyway. Now all that's happening is that price difference is becoming wider, which means it's likely we'll be sitting in premium cabins less.

In saying all of that, I certainly wouldn't be doing MRs if I wasn't earning EQMs, unless it was a really good RDM deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.