Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA YYZ-GRU/GIG spring/summer U$550/C$750 range

Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Seems to be available throughout the spring and summer, though some dates jump. Via MIA (77Ws) or DFW. Lots of SWU upgrade space availability too. Brazil business has really fallen off due to the economic slump and the Z-fly concerns. Between AA and LAN/TAM too much capacity, enjoy it while we can. And the June through September visa vaiver for US and Canadians. Just over 10K EQMs via MIA, 11K+ via DFW.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Any matching fares on * alliance?

Just wonderin' if anyone has matched?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
for even better fares/earning fly out of YVR

e.g. YVR-LAX-DFW-GRU-MIA-PHX-YVR, 14.7k EQM for 682CAD/514USD and 3.5cpm

EDIT: looking a bit closer, most effective routing appears to be routing through JFK along the lines of YVR-PHX-JFK-GRU-JFK-PHX-YVR for 16.2k miles and 3.12cpm, don't think LAX-JFK in there is possible tho it sure would be nice

Originally Posted by HomerJ
Just wonderin' if anyone has matched?
United appears to be matching at least partially

Last edited by Smiley90; Mar 9, 2016 at 7:43 pm
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, Hilton Gold,
A link would be fantastic

Originally Posted by Smiley90
for even better fares/earning fly out of YVR

e.g. YVR-LAX-DFW-GRU-MIA-PHX-YVR, 14.7k EQM for 682CAD/514USD and 3.5cpm

EDIT: looking a bit closer, most effective routing appears to be routing through JFK along the lines of YVR-PHX-JFK-GRU-JFK-PHX-YVR for 16.2k miles and 3.12cpm, don't think LAX-JFK in there is possible tho it sure would be nice

United appears to be matching at least partially
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Maxwellmc
Some effort would be fantastic
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Shareholder
.....And the June through September visa vaiver for US and Canadians. Just over 10K EQMs via MIA, 11K+ via DFW.
"A valid passport and tourist visa are required to visit Brazil. However, in light of the Rio 2016 Olympics, American, Australian, Canadian and Japanese nationals going to Brazil exclusively for tourism activities, entering Brazil between June 1st and September 18th, 2016, will be eligible for a 90 day, non-extendable, unilateral visa waiver counted from the first entry within that period. It will not be necessary to have a ticket for an official game to benefit from this waiver. "

I read this one more than one Brazil/visa travel site. According to some articles, they are concerned that the visa requirement will keep some tourists from visiting.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Maxwellmc
You can easily replice using google flight multi-city tool with YVR-JFK\\JFK-GRU segments... If you have trouble finding dates use ITA. On phone so cant easily provide links but it's not a lot of work
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Some effort would be fantastic
This is exactly what bugs me out most in this forum. Is it so hard to post the short google flights link for example dates.

Mods, maybe a new rule for posting deals so that an example link must be provided?

Come on people, sharing is caring!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by aama
This is exactly what bugs me out most in this forum. Is it so hard to post the short google flights link for example dates.

Mods, maybe a new rule for posting deals so that an example link must be provided?

Come on people, sharing is caring!
What bothers me about FT is some people expect to be spoon-fed everything. I found dates throughout the year and provided the two routing options that showed the lowest fare on AA.com. It is one thing to say a fare shows up on ITA, another to actually find a site where it can be booked. And most particularly on the airline's own site.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
I read this one more than one Brazil/visa travel site. According to some articles, they are concerned that the visa requirement will keep some tourists from visiting.
The visa requirement is a pain in the neck and has seriously impacted tourism to Brazil from Canada and the US. I am fortunate to live in Toronto and have the time to visit the issuing office. When I went there was about an hour's wait to file my papers (and have a short interview), then another trip to pick up the passport...not to mention purchase a money order or get a certified cheque, the only way to pay (unlike the Chinese who take debit cards). While I was waiting I watched two applicants being rejected because they worked for an airline and were using their CON passes so could not show confirmed flight bookings. The processing agent would not accept their explanation as to how airline employees travel. They left in disgust, muttering they'll got to Jamaica or Mexico.

The visa is a reciprocal game the Brazilians play because we demand their nationals go through the process...this because thousands of Brazilians arrive in Canada and the US and never go back. Other than criminals, it's hardly like many Americans or Canadians will seek "asylum" in Brazil. I suspect given the economic problems and need for US$s, the visa requirement will be lifted entirely after the Olympics.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Shareholder
What bothers me about FT is some people expect to be spoon-fed everything. I found dates throughout the year and provided the two routing options that showed the lowest fare on AA.com. It is one thing to say a fare shows up on ITA, another to actually find a site where it can be booked. And most particularly on the airline's own site.
Is it spoon feeding to give a single example on Google Flights and then let the people play around with it and put in their own work?

Main questien here is, what is your loss in this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.