Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK: OJ Europe to USA and GRU/BUE 170 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by veeRob
I read that you can get visa on arrival in Belarus. If that's true, then you should be fine.
I am not sure about VOA for Belarus.

Germans definitely need a visa which costs around 80€ (tourist) - maybe a transit visa for 40€ would be ok as well.

So I guess for me this deal is no longer interesting... too much hassle....
if and when I would have skipped the last leg anyway, but the airline might not let you board in the US without a visa for Belarus.

VOA is possible for a number of countries according to wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_p...isa_on_arrival
especially for US-Citizens it is a real bargain - 420$!

Last edited by johnnywho; Mar 5, 2016 at 6:47 am Reason: new info
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by e30st
You're also flying to NRT? Great. Me too. Booked in December, fly in June BUD-NRT rt 153EUR. Still holds, and I've just called TK to confirm seats (you can do that 100 days before departure).

Turkish probably will honour these as well.
Tk Japan error fare was definitely honored. Just returned back from Tokyo 2 weeks ago. Flights were pretty good and all on time.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:13 am

A lot of people in that f4f thread are in for a nasty surprise when they're denied boarding on their way back...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
A lot of people in that f4f thread are in for a nasty surprise when they're denied boarding on their way back...
That's how you learn
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
they better get a visa yo!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:30 pm

I don't think it's super-easy to get a belarussian visa, which is a shame, since Minsk is a beautiful city.

I got an opportunity to speak at a conference there in december of 2014 and I absolutely loved it.

The problem is, I think most of those people don't even realise they _need_ a visa to get back to IST, even if they fully plan on skipping the IST-MSQ segment.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:09 pm

I don't think it's super-easy to get a belarussian visa, which is a shame, since Minsk is a beautiful city.
Have no idea for US passeport holders but getting a Belarus visa isn't the easiest thing for a French citizen.

Lots of documents - including an official confirmation sent by the hotel where you plan to stay - and you'll have to wait for a week !
And it will cost you 60€...

Minsk ?
A beautiful city ?????
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I wouldn't call it beautiful - but the city (and the country as a whole) is an interesting destination for sure.

A normal tourist visa can be a minor bureaucratic headache indeed. For EU citizens, a 48-hour transit visa is much easier, as it doesn't require an invitation. For one of my last visits not even in/outbound tickets were required, just a written itinerary did suffice (The Hague embassy). At the Kyiv embassy, they didn't even care about that.

All very easy, process in the morning, pick up in the afternoon, visa runs.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
Minsk ?
A beautiful city ?????
Well... yeah?

I do have a soft spot for soviet architecture, having grown up in poland though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.