Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX-JFK-SJU R/T $308 (8145 EQM = 3.8 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-JFK-SJU R/T $308 (8145 EQM = 3.8 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:53 am

We checked and you would get miles for all 4 legs of the flight. The fact that it's the same flight number for the outbound and the return won't matter. From AA on twitter Is this correct?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Etihad Gold; Air Berlin Gold; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by JJsnyder
We checked and you would get miles for all 4 legs of the flight. The fact that it's the same flight number for the outbound and the return won't matter. From AA on twitter Is this correct?
They're both operated on the same day between the same airports right? I had the same question when I was planning one of my previous trips but I eventually switched to a SJU one with different flight numbers so I didn't come up with that issue and thus can't give you historical info..I hope AA Twitter is correct and you're able to get all the miles
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by elsamp123
They're both operated on the same day between the same airports right? I had the same question when I was planning one of my previous trips but I eventually switched to a SJU one with different flight numbers so I didn't come up with that issue and thus can't give you historical info..I hope AA Twitter is correct and you're able to get all the miles

I didn't see a flight to switch too that would work with the other flights. Which flight did you switch to before? Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
You don't need to switch, that is only for through flights. A round trip is an exception to that rule. Check this wikipost for more info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lidated-5.html
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:33 pm

Hello. March 1 LAX at 9:30 PM and return on March 2 SJU 01:19 PM. Did you book the same dates? I am flying in from DFW.
ah damn, i`ll miss by a couple days, i`m flying on saturday 5th march. i can't find any cheap flights do for my dfw-lax :/
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by DalAA21
ah damn, i`ll miss by a couple days, i`m flying on saturday 5th march. i can't find any cheap flights do for my dfw-lax :/
DFW-LAX went up last night to 157-200. You live in Dallas area? You can message me too. I will be looking for other MR to do.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:54 am

Did I make a rookie mistake? I notice my flight going to and from SJU has the same flight number 937 will that be issue? I thought it was different.
No worries man. It's a roundtrip so everything would credit.
I did this same MR last Dec and on my JFK-SJU-JFK, AA swapped the 757 by a retrofitted 767
The JFK-SJU-JFK legs are super easy to clear, just a heads up ^
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Etihad Gold; Air Berlin Gold; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by mbfanos
No worries man. It's a roundtrip so everything would credit.
I did this same MR last Dec and on my JFK-SJU-JFK, AA swapped the 757 by a retrofitted 767
The JFK-SJU-JFK legs are super easy to clear, just a heads up ^
Lucky lad! Retrofit 763 sounds like a sweet ride into PR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.