UA/NH: NYC-CGK/MNL OJ $554 2.6cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/NH: NYC-CGK/MNL OJ $554 2.6cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by holtnow
It can be done, requiring you to manipulate the URL of the search. There is a pattern to the URL that you can expand to include additional legs. Start with the basic search you're after and cut/paste the URL into a spreadsheet/notepad/word processor. Edit the URL with the expanded search as well as the flights you want to included. It takes some patience, but can be done.
I'll give it a try. Thanks! ^
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
For some reason my ANA segments keep dropping off my ticket and going to a waitlist status.

I call and UA is able to add them back since the fare class is still available, but perplexing since I've never seen this happen before.

Keep an eye on your tickets folks
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Just picked up IAH-NRT-CGK / MNL-GUM-HNL-IAD-IAH for $710. Could have done it cheaper via GUM-NRT on the way back but Air Japan = no PQM. Also had the same route (and price) in reverse using the island hopper, but I'm going over Memorial Day weekend and I don't have time for that! GUM-HNL RPU cleared immediately... waitlisted on other legs except of course, the one leg that's on ANA (NRT-CGK). Two nights at JW Marriott in Jakarta for $110 a night... and 24 hours in Honolulu on the way back! Could have had TigerAir for $66 CGK-MNL but flying Air Philippines instead due to better flight times...

Last edited by Dyce; Feb 13, 2016 at 4:50 pm Reason: Update to CGK-MNL info
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dyce
Just picked up IAH-NRT-CGK / MNL-GUM-HNL-IAD-IAH for $710. Could have done it cheaper via GUM-NRT on the way back but Air Japan = no PQM. Also had the same route (and price) in reverse using the island hopper, but I'm going over Memorial Day weekend and I don't have time for that! GUM-HNL RPU cleared immediately... waitlisted on other legs except of course, the one leg that's on ANA (NRT-CGK). Two nights at JW Marriott in Jakarta for $110 a night... and 24 hours in Honolulu on the way back! Could have had TigerAir for $66 CGK-MNL but flying Air Philippines instead due to better flight times...
Glad you got it worked out

In the past, I've gotten Air Japan flights to credit with PQM, probably because they were with a NH flight number

No issues using a RPU on GUM-HNL? My reservations are restricted to a GPU and W class..
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
No issues using a RPU on GUM-HNL? My reservations are restricted to a GPU and W class..
Yes how did you get RPU to work?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
On united.com (as opposed to res agent)

Hmmm... original flight sequenced on Google (took some playing around), then manually entered on united.com. Reservation is showing MNL-GUM-HNL as one 'segment' / two legs (due to same day flights?). I couldn't get the RPU to show for the island hopper - this is on the 777... waitlisted MNL-GUM, confirmed GUM-HNL. At time of RPU, GUM-HNL was showing as R1.

Two days in Jakarta, and a day in Honolulu, and 21,667 PQM

Last edited by Dyce; Feb 14, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

SFO has similar CPM now

Bumping my own old thread here..

For those based in SFO, you can route SFO-MNL, CGK/SGN-SFO on NH for ~$423

This works out to 2.8CPM without the positioning flight.

Can only be booked on NH stock (UA prices higher) but you still earn 100% PQM and 25% RDM based on distance (plus variable bonus % for premiers).

example:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...6-NRTSFO0UA838

Last edited by pushmyredbutton; Jul 17, 2016 at 1:49 pm Reason: update: works for sgn as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.