Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NH: Lax-bkk-yul $373 cad, €242

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Granite64
Looks like this fare is gone.

Feel free to add the fare you bought including: the route, date and final price.

- Granite64

Brituchenite: EWR-NRT (UA metal) NRT-SIN-NRT (ANA metal) NRT-EWR (UA metal) YUL (Air Canada) 10/10-10/13; $464
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] NH: Lax-bkk-yul $373 cad, €242

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:08 pm

Blah kicking myself for not booking november last night
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by sbm12
LAX with mixed carriers.

The only time it doesn't happen at LAX AFAIK is the NZ1/2 through-flight. There are other airports (e.g. IAH) where it is more common for a US I:I connection to not claim bags but they do not apply to your question here.
Thanks for the update!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: United 1k
I booked my flight last week on Expedia on a combination of UA and ANA metal, departing from NYC-Destination-NYC-Canada

Today I got a notification from Expedia that ANA has cancelled 4 of my 5 legs, leaving only the final NYC-Canada leg on the itinerary. Thats a $500 one-way flight to canada I have now!

Anyone experience anything similiar?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by theoflyalot
I booked my flight last week on Expedia on a combination of UA and ANA metal, departing from NYC-Destination-NYC-Canada

Today I got a notification from Expedia that ANA has cancelled 4 of my 5 legs, leaving only the final NYC-Canada leg on the itinerary. Thats a $500 one-way flight to canada I have now!

Anyone experience anything similiar?
That happened to one of my bookings before with a mixed ANA/UA itin..
Just call Expedia to have it resolved.
It probably didn't ticket correctly on ANA.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by schnitzer
That happened to one of my bookings before with a mixed ANA/UA itin..
Just call Expedia to have it resolved.
It probably didn't ticket correctly on ANA.
Exactly that. Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by theoflyalot
Exactly that. Thanks
I've got the opposite problem: cancelled on Expedia and Orbitz last week, within 24h, tickets still showing as active.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Did anyone try this fare at premium? My flight is in a couple of weeks and now I'm wondering if I should have searched for premium to see how much the fare difference would have been.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by slickvik
Did anyone try this fare at premium? My flight is in a couple of weeks and now I'm wondering if I should have searched for premium to see how much the fare difference would have been.
You will have to pay the fare difference. I inquired once and they said it was over $4K for business class each way. No thanks....
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by 1KHI
You will have to pay the fare difference. I inquired once and they said it was over $4K for business class each way. No thanks....
No I mean at the time of the deal I should have looked into premium economy fare. Sometimes it's only $100 more from IAH-NRT. Oh well.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
No I mean at the time of the deal I should have looked into premium economy fare. Sometimes it's only $100 more from IAH-NRT. Oh well.
Data point:

Flew my itin JFK-NRT-SIN/MNL-HND-YVR last week. Star Gold status got me automatically upgraded to PY on the JFKNRT sector; had to ask for HNDYVR and was successful, with some resistance from the HND lounge staff.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by schreibsman
Data point:

Flew my itin JFK-NRT-SIN/MNL-HND-YVR last week. Star Gold status got me automatically upgraded to PY on the JFKNRT sector; had to ask for HNDYVR and was successful, with some resistance from the HND lounge staff.
Really? Are you NH*G ? I flew SFO-NRT-SGN-NRT-SEA/YVR-HND-BKK-HND-YVR quite often (4x a year) and never get upgrade to PY. I found NH has heavy Diamond members, and *G is overflowing. I would of think they upgrade thier loyal member first?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kraafish
Really? Are you NH*G ? I flew SFO-NRT-SGN-NRT-SEA/YVR-HND-BKK-HND-YVR quite often (4x a year) and never get upgrade to PY. I found NH has heavy Diamond members, and *G is overflowing. I would of think they upgrade thier loyal member first?
Nope, Avianca Amigo (O6). When I checked in online for JFKNRT, PY cabin was available for me to select. I toggled to my AC non-elite account for fun, and those seats weren't available, so must have been my *G status.

HNDYVR did not automatically appear for me. I had to ask in the lounge, was told it wasn't available, pushed back and said it happened on the way over, and she came back with fresh boarding cards. J was empty on that sector, I should have asked for that!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Nope, Avianca Amigo (O6). When I checked in online for JFKNRT, PY cabin was available for me to select. I toggled to my AC non-elite account for fun, and those seats weren't available, so must have been my *G status.

HNDYVR did not automatically appear for me. I had to ask in the lounge, was told it wasn't available, pushed back and said it happened on the way over, and she came back with fresh boarding cards. J was empty on that sector, I should have asked for that!
Interesting, so you check in online @ANA website and when you select seat the PY cabin is available to select? I'm flying YVR-SFO-NRT-KUL-NRT-IAD next week hopefully that will show up
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd

Since when does this happen? I struggle to believe that *G are consistently given PY on a Y fare for no charge on any airlines.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

That is definitely not supposed to happen, so don't push your luck. Especially for O6 status which people got for free!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.