Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AF/(MU): HAM-CGQ (China) €395/$427 ai rt 3.0-3.4 cpm (incl. - excl. MU)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

HAM-CDG-PVG-CGQ-PVG-CDG-HAM

Bookable so that only PVG-CGQ-PVG is China Eastern. CPM including China Eastern (if 100%) is 3.0 cpm.

Ignoring the PVG-CGQ-PVG part of the flight, CPM is 3.4

Sample dates: https://www.kayak.de/flights/HAM-CGQ...03-07-flexible
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:24 am

But it is not 100% it is 25% on the euro/asia and asia legs (V class AF) so it is not a mileage run deal just a low fare. Maybe some admin can do something about the 100s of misleading titles this poster creates?

Last edited by geelgors; Jan 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Alaska Air
Thank you, BobKop. I appreciate your posts.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: DL ✈️
I see HAM-AMS-PVG-CGQ-PVG-CDG-HAM on KL+AF for $455
If credited to DL that would be:
13833 MQM
3458 RDM (FO: 4841, GM: 5532, PM: 6224, DM: 7607)
fare class: VPRDE

I think it's still a mileage run at 3.3cpm @geelgors
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev
I see HAM-AMS-PVG-CGQ-PVG-CDG-HAM on KL+AF for $455
If credited to DL that would be:
13833 MQM
3458 RDM (FO: 4841, GM: 5532, PM: 6224, DM: 7607)
fare class: VPRDE

I think it's still a mileage run at 3.3cpm @geelgors
I do not see that, I see L-V-V-V-V-L fare classes, do you have a link?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by geelgors
But it is not 100% it is 25% on the euro/asia and asia legs (V class AF) so it is not a mileage run deal just a low fare. Maybe some admin can do something about the 100s of misleading titles this poster creates?
i'm not a big poster.. but seriously.. with 31 posts you feel entitled to ask an admin to "do something" about one of the biggest collaborators in this mileage run forum? not nice..not constructive..not here
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
i'm not a big poster.. but seriously.. with 31 posts you feel entitled to ask an admin to "do something" about one of the biggest collaborators in this mileage run forum? not nice..not constructive..not here

A general guideline for topics:

Good in Mileage Run Deals:
1) Airfare deals that offer uniquely high value in terms of either miles/points to $$ or expedited status
This fare flies you 3,3 cpm but earns you 4 times less, you can earn a little more with some status. That does not make it a uniquely high value mileage deal. It is a good fare. The title of the topic, like many before, suggest it is a good mileage deal. It is not however. I find that sort of titles thus annoying.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:22 am
Suspended

This fare flies you 3,3 cpm but earns you 4 times less, you can earn a little more with some status. That does not make it a uniquely high value mileage deal. It is a good fare. The title of the topic, like many before, suggest it is a good mileage deal. It is not however. I find that sort of titles thus annoying.
agreed.
i dont think OP knows what a mileage run is exactly. this isnt the first time.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tommywill
agreed.
i dont think OP knows what a mileage run is exactly. this isnt the first time.
1. I know perfectly well what a MR is. I just don't care to check fare classes as you guys should do some of your own homework too. Don't like it; go complain to the moderators. Until I hear from them, I won't change much in my ways. Good luck
2. You have 9 posts... even worse than 31.
3. This fare would get you 100% MQM on Delta, so for MQM it's a mileage run.
4. I guess you both might not necessarily understand the complete meaning of mileage run and are rather selfish even for lurker standards. What is not a mileage run to your particular program might be to others.

Last edited by BobKop; Jan 30, 2016 at 6:26 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by BobKop
1. I know perfectly well what a MR is. I just don't care to check fare classes as you guys should do some of your own homework too. Don't like it; go complain to the moderators. Until I hear from them, I won't change much in my ways. Good luck
2. You have 9 posts... even worse than 31.
3. This fare would get you 100% MQM on Delta, so for MQM it's a mileage run.
4. I guess you both might not necessarily understand the complete meaning of mileage run and are rather selfish even for lurker standards. What is not a mileage run to your particular program might be to others.
I did not say you do not know what a MR is. Just asking to adjust your titles so it is easier to scan fares for MR. You make it sound like all your postings are great miles a dollar, but they are not. Every time I mention it nicely before you start about doing homework and about my post count.

I am lurking and don't post these kind of fares because they easily show up on the booking tools. Kayak explore for example. Like Xiamen airlines has numerous deals under 400 euro with 50% miles in many programs between europe and asia. These are widely published and I do not feel the need to copy them here.

Ultra low fares are good posts but this is quite a normal fare for Europe-China. So that is why I think it is misleading how you title your postings. I also think it is not in line with the intentions of this forum but fits well into the excellent fares between city pairs.

Like you mention yourself you do not check fare classes so you have no idea what is the the amount of miles yet you include cpm in all your titles. :/
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: DL ✈️
I did not say you do not know what a MR is. Just asking to adjust your titles so it is easier to scan fares for MR. You make it sound like all your postings are great miles a dollar, but they are not. Every time I mention it nicely before you start about doing homework and about my post count.

I am lurking and don't post these kind of fares because they easily show up on the booking tools. Kayak explore for example. Like Xiamen airlines has numerous deals under 400 euro with 50% miles in many programs between europe and asia. These are widely published and I do not feel the need to copy them here.

Ultra low fares are good posts but this is quite a normal fare for Europe-China. So that is why I think it is misleading how you title your postings. I also think it is not in line with the intentions of this forum but fits well into the excellent fares between city pairs.

Like you mention yourself you do not check fare classes so you have no idea what is the the amount of miles yet you include cpm in all your titles. :/
I'm quite new to the forum, but 3.3cpm on DL seems like a good deal to me. That's why I explained that above.

Title says AF, anyone SKY would probably enter to read what's it about. It's on the forum rules not to post EVERYTHING on the title. And I bet anyone flying blue / sky understands the lowfare-onlyMQM MRs since 2015.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

1. you didn't say that, but tommywill did, and he's the one I quoted
2. I guess you never heard of sharing is caring
3. I didn't mention you, I mentioned tommywill someone else brought up your post count... you should really read before commenting; the whole world does not revolve around you
4. I don't check fare classes because I don't need to with AF and KLM. They both earn 100% MQM with Delta... so why take the trouble of checking whether it is L/V or any other economy class? The only thing that can happen is that it is Y or B (150%), and thus an even better MR than I initially posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.