Wiki Posts
Search

LX: ZRH-IST 99.9 CHF (upgradeable)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:11 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by GuyverII
positioning flights are killing this deal for me.

Suggestions?

Move here?

Don't worry, I'm sure you've saved enough on coffee/other standard of living items to make the positioning flight worth it

On a serious note though, has anyone managed to get these on TK-operated LX codeshares?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The deal afaik is bookable only till tonight, 23rd January. (as Concerto asked)
Actually, it's still bookable today (at 150.- CHF en business ^)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think if you live in the vicinity and can make use of it, then all and well (I'm a two and a half hour train ride from Zurich). Otherwise, don't worry too much about it. There are a lot of deals coming and going at the moment. Even with the discovery last night that it's now even cheaper, I still haven't booked it. After a night on the town in Lausanne last night, where it was plain easy to blow away several hundred francs for not a lot (it's stupidly expensive here), I start thinking about even banal expenses this coming week in order to recuperate! For this trip, I calculated that it will cost about CHF320 incl. one night in a hotel with breakfast at about CHF60, not including the train to Zurich (which could cost upwards of CHF180 for those who don't have the AG). Sure, it's not a lot if you want a nice, cheap trip!

TK codeshares? There's no sign of them and I wasn't even sure LX still had this arrangement with TK. They usually show up in the booking process but at a different price. All these crazy LX deals have been LX metal flights only.

Artemio, are you planning on going?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Not wishing to make too many negative comments about this, but these offers seriously devalue the miles we are collecting to the point that it's not worth the bother collecting them anymore. You do realize that this trip, if paid with miles, would cost 45,000 miles (25,000 if booked as a FlySmart) RT with EUR126.64 (CHF138) taxes to pay. That leaves 25,000 miles having CHF11 value if this offer becomes a regular thing.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Concerto

Artemio, are you planning on going?
Concerto, same problem here. No time left because of plenty of work that has to be done ... and all those promotions and EF don't help .

I thought of going to IST just for the day (that makes a 4 hours stay there, just enough for a 1 franc coupe-choux shave at a barber shop, which I recommend highly by the way). But I'll probably pass on that one, shouldn't I? And for a 2-day trip, my calendar + family restriction don't allow me to do it.

Eh bien, merde! I've got rehearsals all that weekend. The only weekend that would work for me is 5-6 March.
(On march 5-6, I'm on my way collecting miles from NYC to Lima...)
I think you can get the 150.- rate also during the weekdays.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: TK Elite+
Do you mean, the special offer also works for flights originating in IST?
Yes
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:56 am
Original Poster

by the way, if you're after collecting segments (for FTL status renewal), you can book it as BSL-ZRH-IST-ZRH-BSL return (Flugzug segments from/to BSL) for as low as 125.90 CHF, ie 31.50 CHF per segments. As FTL needs 30 segments, that would be less than 1000 CHF for 2 years of FTL. As obviously you will fly more (and not needing to take it that often) anyway, it would be a really cheap (and FAST) way to fill up some segments. If you've a week to fly back and fourth only, of course.

You could even make 3 years of FTL by finishing it on March 1st
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Can you explain the 3year deal?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnnywho
Can you explain the 3year deal?
Requalifying on M&M is a bit special:

The rule is: You're getting status for the year you're qualifying in, for 2 years and 2 months (till the End of February)

BUT: If you qualify in Jan/Feb already, then it counts as it would have happened the year before (they only "promise" 2 years, so its fair): only counts as 2 years - otherwise, from March-December, you get the current year "free", plus 2 years+2 months.

So qualifying on February 29th would get you FTL only till Feb18, while qualifying on March 1st would get you till Feb19.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Looking into this I'd have to take the train in from LUG because tacking on a LUG fare adds another 150 CHF. If I arrived at the ZRH train station at 8:13 could I make the 9:25 flight? That's the earliest train from LUG.

I wish there was more than one LX flight a day.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Looking into this I'd have to take the train in from LUG because tacking on a LUG fare adds another 150 CHF. If I arrived at the ZRH train station at 8:13 could I make the 9:25 flight? That's the earliest train from LUG.

I wish there was more than one LX flight a day.
8.13 arrival gives you more than plenty of time to catch the flight. In fact, you can lounge for about 45min in that case

During the week, there are actually 2 flights per day. You could fly the later one as well (or take the first one down, spend 3 hours in IST in the lounge, then back on the second one..)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:42 am

by the way, if you're after collecting segments (for FTL status renewal), you can book it as BSL-ZRH-IST-ZRH-BSL return (Flugzug segments from/to BSL) for as low as 125.90 CHF, ie 31.50 CHF per segments. As FTL needs 30 segments, that would be less than 1000 CHF for 2 years of FTL. As obviously you will fly more (and not needing to take it that often) anyway, it would be a really cheap (and FAST) way to fill up some segments. If you've a week to fly back and fourth only, of course.

Flugzug doesn't count for segments.

(Or at least it doesn't for LH's AirRail, which I assume operates under the same condition as Flugzug does.)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
Flugzug doesn't count for segments.
Could anyone confirm this? I always book the Flugzug whenever the fare Ex-BSL was/is the same as Ex-ZRH, and was under the impression it does count as segments too.

Ah, I see your edit now: Apparently that's different. Flugzug is considered as a "domestic flight" for LX, and fully yields all benefits, from what I know.

Edit: I can confirm it myself, klausa is right:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=3549553

** Fahrten mit Lufthansa Express Rail, Lufthansa Express Bus und dem Flugzug in der Schweiz werden nicht angerechnet. Gleiches gilt auch für Strecken mit Lufthansa Flugnummer, auf denen ein Bus eingesetzt wird.

This was definitely not always the case. I remember when you could get segments for FTL by using the Flugzug.

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jan 24, 2016 at 4:30 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
8.13 arrival gives you more than plenty of time to catch the flight. In fact, you can lounge for about 45min in that case

During the week, there are actually 2 flights per day. You could fly the later one as well (or take the first one down, spend 3 hours in IST in the lounge, then back on the second one..)
Thanks.

Flights must be pretty full Friday Feb. 19 then, because all I see is the one flight. In fact, I only see one flight a day the whole week. I have that Friday off, so that's the only day I can really take if I want to have a weekend.

I can't justify a MR as a poor college student, I have to spend at least some time at the destination.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:57 am

(This also a good deal for those with O6 cards that want to requalify - 4 RT of this in biz and 5k made elsewhere will net you *G.

*G for 600E has to be up there with good old A3 days.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.