Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa: Sfo-dfw-hkg-kul//sin-nrt-jfk-sfo $588

Aa: Sfo-dfw-hkg-kul//sin-nrt-jfk-sfo $588

Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
My JL flights booked as AA8413 and AA8496 respectively

Originally Posted by MadeInTaiwan
This is definitely one of the better OW fares/CPM in recent memory, other than mistake fares.

Just FYI, it looks like some of the segments are not coded as AA code share (it's tagged as JLxxx). I thought only Y/B gets full 100% EQM on JL, the other booking class gets 50% EQM.

Wouldn't those segments not get the full EQM credit under the new rule?

SFO-DFW-HKG-KUL (AA1454-AA137-AA8916): 11,162 BIS = 11,162 EQM
SIN-NRT-JFK (JL712-JL4): 10,069 BIS = 5,034.5 EQM
JFK-SFO (AA163): 2,586 BIS = 2,586 EQM

11,162 + 5,034.5 + 2,586 = 18,782.5 EQM

$588 / 18,782.5 = $0.03130 per EQM = 3.13 CPM

Can someone confirm my math? Or am I coo coo for cocoa puffs?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:54 am
Original Poster

posting from DFW a couple hours before boarding. i chose pretty well and figured i was in good shape to use a SWU. got upgraded @ about 24 hours prior (and upgraded to 1st about 2 days before). the killer will be the JAL return with no status/upgrade possibility (though i have an exit row). anyway, the start will be good- looking forward to it...
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ILAZXFE
I'll shop in japan for sure so not sure if airasia is safe to check in luggage
Just got back from my run, had no problems with checking in baggage with AirAsia. Even took my daughter on this run (her AA ticket went for $525 compared with my adult ticket at $594). Total cost of the 2 AirAsia one way tickets KUL-SIN was only $36 including baggage fee, cost of reserving a seat (so I didn't get seated apart from daughter), and pre-ordering us lunch including two cupcakes for my daughter.

After the flight, she declared that the AirAsia leg was her favorite because of the cupcakes. Her second choice was the JAL legs, since JAL offers all the kids a free toy on the flight.

Regarding the actual run, sadly we only got one confirmed upgrade, the SFO-DFW. I was offered one on the DFW-HKG, but they only had one upgrade available so had to decline since there was two of us.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timmie88
Just got back from my run, had no problems with checking in baggage with AirAsia. Even took my daughter on this run (her AA ticket went for $525 compared with my adult ticket at $594). Total cost of the 2 AirAsia one way tickets KUL-SIN was only $36 including baggage fee, cost of reserving a seat (so I didn't get seated apart from daughter), and pre-ordering us lunch including two cupcakes for my daughter.

After the flight, she declared that the AirAsia leg was her favorite because of the cupcakes. Her second choice was the JAL legs, since JAL offers all the kids a free toy on the flight.

Regarding the actual run, sadly we only got one confirmed upgrade, the SFO-DFW. I was offered one on the DFW-HKG, but they only had one upgrade available so had to decline since there was two of us.
surprised you even had 1 as Plat on DFW-HKG, as there are usually several ExP who fail with SWU's. looking forward to the LAX-HKG flight to take some pressure off of the DFW route. also, is the last seat was 4A... be thankful. i'd much rather be in MCE than 12 out of 15 hours being unable to sleep because of the non-stop slamming in the galley- and... my bose headset was broken, so no noise cancelling (granted, i doubt even the bose would have blocked out that racket). feel like i wasted a SWU on my last trip.

btw, no with these crazy $388+ deals from HKG, this MR almost looks expensive! a sliding scale, for sure.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by timmie88

I recently took a couple AirAsia legs CGK-SIN and SIN-KUL... $50 AI per leg for a checked bag and exit row seat. Not too bad, although I'm not sure what would happen if there would have been IRROPS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.