Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: BOS-PVG $593 (min 3 day) JAN-FEB-MAR-APR 3.3CPM SWUs available to confirm into J!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: BOS-PVG $593 (min 3 day) JAN-FEB-MAR-APR 3.3CPM SWUs available to confirm into J!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by nyczreklis
How are you searching? This can be easily found still.
Plug BOS-PVG into google flights.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...4;r=2016-03-23

for BOS-LGA JFK LAX PVG, plug that into Multicity.....
I have tried the multi-city, but the cheapest fare i get is 970. Didnt see anything in the neighborhood of what you are saying. Do you have sample dates where this works?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by booji
I have tried the multi-city, but the cheapest fare i get is 970. Didnt see anything in the neighborhood of what you are saying. Do you have sample dates where this works?
I made it work for ~$750 last night - don't remember what dates but it is definitely possible (BOS-LGA / JFK-LAX-PVG and return).
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by booji
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...,LGABOS0AA2158

That's at $758 - play around with the dates and you'll be able to make it come down a bit. If not, still a good deal at $750.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Waitlisted on swu from ORD and PVG great price for under 600. Thanks OP
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Will AA actively cancel nested tickets, or is it a "safe" risk?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I was going to spend the extra money to route through Japan, but decided the $140 10 year visa will be an investment for future mileage run. Hopefully I don't get less than 10 years.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, former UA Premier Executive
I didn't have any problem getting a 10 year, and I don't know anybody who has (not to say it doesn't happen). On the application I just selected other and typed in 10 year multi entry.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:17 am

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Will AA actively cancel nested tickets, or is it a "safe" risk?
Usually if you don't actively bypass the minimum stay (Saturday/Sunday stay requirements) policies you're fine. It's simply the risk if you've missed one flight and having the thing fall apart. They will look at the intent if they do question you (never had this happen).
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...,LGABOS0AA2158

That's at $758 - play around with the dates and you'll be able to make it come down a bit. If not, still a good deal at $750.
I can't find anything with a more MR friendly duration. Was looking for 3-4 days and can't find any including JFK-LAX on shorter trips.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
I can't find anything with a more MR friendly duration. Was looking for 3-4 days and can't find any including JFK-LAX on shorter trips.
Try leaving BOS on a friday and flying out Monday. I'm seeing BOS-ORD-PVG-LAX-BOS $593
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Try leaving BOS on a friday and flying out Monday. I'm seeing BOS-ORD-PVG-LAX-BOS $593
Yeah, I can see those. I was looking for one including JFK-LAX & return on the A321T for a lie-flat on the US portion.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by faceboy
I was going to spend the extra money to route through Japan, but decided the $140 10 year visa will be an investment for future mileage run. Hopefully I don't get less than 10 years.
I had no problem getting a 10 year last spring (2015). The only caveat being my passport expires before the 10 years is up so I would need to carry both passports if I return after my current passport expires.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
BOS-PVG-XIY is 755 round trip. I live in Chicago and ORD-PVG-XIY is 966. I paid 200 extra to avoid positioning. One way is 74 ORD-BOS and I'd probably get a hotel... plus Feb weather is not predicable..

AA has a fare, via EF, that is $200 before taxes and fees, ORD-XIY, but I could not figure out how to book.

I'm going 2/25 to 2/29 and SWU cleared both ways in case someone is going to go to this destination...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Success!

^Just booked BOS-PEK straight 4/17 to 4/25, but nested a PEK-HKG in the middle so as to not run afoul of visa issues. Suppose it made sense for my partner to get a 10 year visa, but we are taking my parents and I don't know when they will return. The cost (via orbitz) of the PEK-HKG trip was only $167 so it was worth it to me.

I will be in BOS that week, but the other three need to position there and back.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by amiras
You can also add an award or cheap paid ticket to somewhere else in Asia and have a 72hrs visa-free transit.
Last time I was in China (2 years back), the 72 hour transit visa was only available at PEK, and PVG was specifically excluded. Has this changed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.