Wiki Posts
Search

Aa - lax - dfw - nrt - cgk - nrt - dfw - lax $726.86

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Aa - lax - dfw - nrt - cgk - nrt - dfw - lax $726.86

Found this for 1/22 to 1/26 thought it was a good deal. Am I calculating the miles correctly at 22540 which is 3.3c per mile?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
About 3.225 cpm by my math. gcmap puts it at 22,564 which shaves the cpm a tiny bit more. Wonderful!

Best I can find through ITA is $783, which is still under 3.5 cpm. But it kept throwing up until I added routing codes, and even then it throws up when I ask for the details on the flights. How did you find this?

Google Flights is unfortunately limited to 5 legs. It quickly priced LAX-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW at $779.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:03 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
About 3.225 cpm by my math. gcmap puts it at 22,564 which shaves the cpm a tiny bit more. Wonderful!

Best I can find through ITA is $783, which is still under 3.5 cpm. But it kept throwing up until I added routing codes, and even then it throws up when I ask for the details on the flights. How did you find this?

Google Flights is unfortunately limited to 5 legs. It quickly priced LAX-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW at $779.
LAX-DFW 22/1
DFW-CGK 23/1
CGK-DFW 26/1
DFW-DFW 27/1

Prices around 731$, but the NRT-CGK segments are on JAL
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
I did a similar run last month to make EXP (LAX-ORD-NRT-CGK) and went out to Bali for a week. I gotta say it's a pretty brutal trek in Y.

I got upgraded on the way there, ORD-NRT in a 787 that made it a tad better, but the return flight all in the back is pretty exhausting!

It is some great milage and would be nice to rake in the new year with a little over 20k. So I say go for it but try to make a vacation out of it. That week in Bali goes down as one of my top vacations
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Homeslice
I did a similar run last month to make EXP (LAX-ORD-NRT-CGK) and went out to Bali for a week. I gotta say it's a pretty brutal trek in Y.
Having flown this route twice in Y now,* I have to say, I didn't find it that brutal. CGK-NRT was always empty, and I stretched out across the middle section and passed out all four times. As for the US-Japan legs, the key might be to book on JL metal. The excellent food and service goes a long way, for me. And the Sakura lounge truly reinvigorates the soul.

For the past two years, I've flown this in November to re-earn my status. But at this point, it makes sense to do my end-of-year mileage runs in the first half of 2016...the 40k rdms are a major incentive, and one that's about to go away. So, here's to one, if not a few, runs to CGk before mid-year.

*Was "involuntarily" rerouted into J on JL NRT-JFK, so I guess one leg doesn't count.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by danielm
Having flown this route twice in Y now,* I have to say, I didn't find it that brutal. CGK-NRT was always empty, and I stretched out across the middle section and passed out all four times. As for the US-Japan legs, the key might be to book on JL metal. The excellent food and service goes a long way, for me. And the Sakura lounge truly reinvigorates the soul.

For the past two years, I've flown this in November to re-earn my status. But at this point, it makes sense to do my end-of-year mileage runs in the first half of 2016...the 40k rdms are a major incentive, and one that's about to go away. So, here's to one, if not a few, runs to CGk before mid-year.

*Was "involuntarily" rerouted into J on JL NRT-JFK, so I guess one leg doesn't count.
nrt-cgk is almost always full, i had myself an only empty seat in the whole cabin once in 5 times i went. cgk-nrt is a little bit better but not nearly empty, maybe only when JL started the route.
even I did this with eVIP cleared every time and still tired. But for the miles, it is well worth it. I usually only stay for 20 hours in CGK, in at 12:30am, levae by 9:30pm
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

I found it directly on the AA.com website.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Just found a little better one.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by danielm

Same here. I'm doing two DTW-CGK runs in Feb before my EVIPs expire and to earn the ~45K RDMs while I still can. 2016 will be my last year qualifying as EXP given the new RDM accrual in the 2nd half of 2016. I need MRs to quality and the generous RDM accrual was always the factor that made it work economically for me.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Anyone know how to force a layover in NRT/HND/CGK for a few days? Trying to see if it's possible to spend 2-3 nights and knock a new place off my list.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aanswer
Anyone know how to force a layover in NRT/HND/CGK for a few days? Trying to see if it's possible to spend 2-3 nights and knock a new place off my list.
3 days in each ticket is a little more expensive, but if its more than just a mileage run then maybe not too bad. You can also do it with less days for about the same.

http://goo.gl/flights/fDnp
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Leave it to a bunch of terrorists to make a mileage run destination really, really unsafe.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
nrt-cgk is almost always full, i had myself an only empty seat in the whole cabin once in 5 times i went. cgk-nrt is a little bit better but not nearly empty, maybe only when JL started the route.
even I did this with eVIP cleared every time and still tired. But for the miles, it is well worth it. I usually only stay for 20 hours in CGK, in at 12:30am, levae by 9:30pm
From my experience (and reading others), I think it highly depends on which JL flight you take both NRT-CGK and CGK-NRT. My flight to CGK that got in at midnight was virtually empty. The flight back at 6am was packed, but most others report the evening CGK-NRT is pretty empty.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by badkneeski
Leave it to a bunch of terrorists to make a mileage run destination really, really unsafe.
Yeah, I was nervous from things I read about Jakarta before bombing happened. I ended up changing my mileage run to Singapore instead, which is one of safest cities in world. Go there instead if you can!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by eltoddo22
Yeah, I was nervous from things I read about Jakarta before bombing happened. I ended up changing my mileage run to Singapore instead, which is one of safest cities in world. Go there instead if you can!
Someone previously posted an open-jaw that went something like BOS-NRT-SIN-OJ-CGK-NRT-BOS that was about the same price as CGK RT and $300 cheaper than just SIN. Buy $100 Tiger Air one way on day of return and never leave Jakarta airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.