Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2016!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2016 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
AUS-DEN $48 rt ai on Frontier (F9)

Tues/Wed/Sat Jan 20th through March 2nd. Not going to be good if you want to pack ski clothing

Due to flight timing, DEN-AUS-DEN can be done same-day, but not AUS-DEN-AUS - or I would be using this head up to Denver for an appointment.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
A request I don't believe we've seen in this new thread yet:

Would posters please put all the essential info in the body of the post (too)? Not all post alerts include the title. Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:36 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
A request I don't believe we've seen in this new thread yet:

Would posters please put all the essential info in the body of the post (too)? Not all post alerts include the title. Thanks.
Good reminder @:-)

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Tues/Wed/Sat Jan 20th through March 2nd. Not going to be good if you want to pack ski clothing

Due to flight timing, DEN-AUS-DEN can be done same-day, but not AUS-DEN-AUS - or I would be using this head up to Denver for an appointment.
Here for those who don't get headers:

AUS-DEN $48 rt ai on Frontier (F9)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Jesus Skyteam flights from east coast to Europe and DXB, AUH are on a fire sale right now.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by greycap7
Jesus Skyteam flights from east coast to Europe and DXB, AUH are on a fire sale right now.
Can you give examples?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by yuel
Can you give examples?
Just booked JFK to AUH for 567 and JFK to DXB for 600. And this is on Skyteam metal and not codeshare Etihad AND NOT Saudia.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by greycap7
Any dates, destinations would be very helpful. Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by harish7447
Any dates, destinations would be very helpful. Thanks
Do a Google Flights search of March, and April. Open dates. For example I did a weekend from Thursday to Sunday to AUH and another weekend to DXB.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:00 am

Ord - ist - dxb - ist - ord > $563

Hi all,

First post! Not sure if this is already up but Turkish Airlines have ORD to DXB via IST for $563 Round Trip with dates through April 2016.

This was posted on StealthTrips.com this morning.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
F9: Ord-den $48 rt

F9: ORD-DEN $48 RT until March 2

Travel on Tues, Wed, and Sat, but other days (Sun, Mon) are not much more. Example: 2/17 to 2/20. Hat tip: TravelZoo.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by YYT91
Hi all,

First post! Not sure if this is already up but Turkish Airlines have ORD to DXB via IST for $563 Round Trip with dates through April 2016.

This was posted on StealthTrips.com this morning.
UA metal flies this route with a connection at EWR for about the same price, too.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:19 pm

LAX-DXB-JNB $852 Emirates

I'm never flown to the southern half of Africa from the west coast. Does anyone know if this flight looks like a good deal?

11/17 - 11/26 LAX to JNB on Emirates, via DXB.

^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by elbees
I'm never flown to the southern half of Africa from the west coast. Does anyone know if this flight looks like a good deal?

^
I think that's good. I've never flown that exact route, but from Chicago and Washington (with stopovers in Accra or Frankfurt) I've seen $900s for JNB pretty regularly.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I spent $1900 for Christmas economy on Virgin America & South African Airways: SFO-JFK-JNB-CPT JNB-JFK-SFO
No deals to be had for that time period

Originally Posted by elbees

^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
not true

Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
UA metal flies this route with a connection at EWR for about the same price, too.
Not true. UA abandoned its non stop EWR-IST. The current low fare ($605) has cnx. in ZRH/FRA i.e. big difference in miles and lounge quality!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.