Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it over with AE?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
is it over with AE?

I have been a SE for some 25 years or whatever. Me thinks the days of u/g from low fares is now officially over.

Time to consider a new strategy to move forward and to abandon the game.

Rather than endless flights, I will now fly only required flights and up/g when required if the price is right or use the limited number of U/g given to me.

I see few other alternatives. SE status means little any more and I have sat in the back of the bus more than I have ever had. Thanks AC and AE but your product aint what it used to be any longer. There is no need to pursue SE status any longer. it is all not worthwhile.

The real question is what is the fate of AE as I see its value dimensioning greatly.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
is it over with AE?

I think you mean Aeroplan?

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 26, 2015 at 8:42 pm Reason: edit after thread relocated to AC forum
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
AE is what AC uses as the abbreviation for Aeroplan.

(OT. Is it AP or AE for aeroplan - Jun 24, 05 / YOWkid post #3 )
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Somewhere there was an acronyms thread.

AE = American Express
AP = Aeroplan
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I have been a SE for some 25 years or whatever. Me thinks the days of u/g from low fares is now officially over.

Rather than endless flights, I will now fly only required flights and up/g when required if the price is right or use the limited number of U/g given to me.

I see few other alternatives. SE status means little any more and I have sat in the back of the bus more than I have ever had. Thanks AC and AE but your product aint what it used to be any longer. There is no need to pursue SE status any longer. it is all not worthwhile.

The real question is what is the fate of AE as I see its value dimensioning greatly.
You are the ones AC wants to get rid off from SE with AQD.

I was the one AC targeted in 2015 enhancement. I stopped chasing status since Jan 1, 2015. Just book whatever give me the best value and convenient schedule. Get an American Express Platinum card which gave me similar benefit to E50K. Now I enjoy CX J YVR-HKG instead of the AC "coffin class".
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Binflyin
Originally Posted by Adam1222
AE is what AC uses as the abbreviation for Aeroplan.

Yes, I know. The post was originally incorrectly posted in the wrong forum, and when the mod moved it, s/he edited my post in a way that makes it look like I don't know what I'm talking about
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:40 am

Delete

Last edited by Adam1222; Nov 27, 2015 at 9:10 am
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by 100,000miler

I am with you on this, 2016 will be my last year with AC as a SE. I will burn almost 1M AP points for 2016 and yesterday I began booking J rewards on other Star Alliance carriers so I can enjoy the benefits.

Also cancelling an AC YVR-HKG flight in PY and using the credit for domestic flights as Tango fares! so I am realizing a big savings now changing strategy and I will let others pay the higher prices. Changing C/C to enjoy E50 benefits also and I know enough AC staff that I will get extra luggage and upgrades so I am good
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by Spot planes
Get an American Express Platinum card which gave me similar benefit to E50K. Now I enjoy CX J YVR-HKG instead of the AC "coffin class".
Did you try for CX status match?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
It is for me....

...20 years of status E 50 and E 35 and 2016 will have me with no status at all.
WJ has gone out of it's way to upgrade me to their + seats, gave me Gold until 2017.
UA buy ups for E+ are reasonable.
Overseas EVA has been my carrier of choice to to their reasonably priced PY offerings.
In the last 2 years I've used my E Up's once sucessfully, and they took away my International Lounge access.
So I see no need to give them any more of my/my companies money than I have to.
Years past I would make year end runs to get status, but not this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.