Wiki Posts
Search

AA: IAH-HKG $666 3.8cpm 11/22/15, C7 on 77W

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:23 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by jix
That's crazy. How much EQM and RDM did you end up with? That's a week of flying non-stop.
A lot. It was part of the OW Mega Do challenge... 4x RDMs (plus bonus... from memory it was something like 430k RDMs total), and retained EXP. Also won Concierge Key and legally changed my name to Ryan Bingham (and had to Kiwi-ize it with some random Maori words that gave me the middle initials 'A A' )

Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by coastalguy
Bottom line: If you're planning on making any city in China part of a MR beware of tight connections, bring an over abundance of patience and willingness to be told by five different people that you need five different "things" before you can be "processed" into the country. Oh and be prepared to wait in lines lasting an hour or longer, each.
We got 10-year visas after we booked some of the AA DCA-PEK J sale fares this spring. It cost a couple of hundred dollars (IIRC) but my experience to get through immigration in PEK was about equivalent to the HKG process for all of our trips.

Considering the number of sales and super-sales to mainlaind China, I think it would be a good investment for any serious US-based mile runner to get this visa while it is available. If it allows you to pick up one super-sale fare over the next 10 years (when for example, you don't have time to tinker with a routing that goes through a 3rd country before the fare is pulled) it will recoup the investment.

If you have an actual desire to spend more than 72 hours at any one time in China, or get outside of the TWOV borders, it is a no-brainer to apply for the visa. Just book a refundable award ticket and hotel reservation and use that 'trip' as the basis for requesting the visa. It will take a few weeks without your passport, so choose your time wisely.
Originally Posted by wijomas
...and legally changed my name to Ryan Bingham (and had to Kiwi-ize it with some random Maori words that gave me the middle initials 'A A' )
Surely that's a worthy reason to change your handle on FT?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:40 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Surely that's a worthy reason to change your handle on FT?
Nah, had to change back before I got married. For some reason wifey didn't want to be Mrs Bingham...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
It (IAH=HKG $666, or up to$687 with extra connection) appears to be gone as of 1:18am CST 12/1.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyzabit
It (IAH=HKG $666, or up to$687 with extra connection) appears to be gone as of 1:18am CST 12/1.
the upside is that post after post of OT nonsense will soon exit MR Deals forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.