Jfk-cgk (jakarta) AA on Japan metal Q $750+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex

Mid-january 5-6 nights found. Lots more. 20000+
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Careful on this -- you must book all flights on AA ticket with either AA or AA codeshare (AA flight numbers all around) to earn full mileage credit. Q or N fares on JL flight numbers will only earn 30% miles, for example.

Last edited by pfbloom; Nov 13, 2015 at 10:00 am
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thinking about MR in April 15-18 from Boston. Anyone have the same interest please message me! Longer stay possible
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:52 am

There are all AA# avail:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...JL4;a=ONEWORLD
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: RAM Gold, UA PLT, NEXUS.
As pfbloom said, just make sure the tickets are booked as AA code share.

The cheap fare ($700-900) are usually sold with JL numbers; if booked as AA numbers the same tickets cost more.

Update: Yes as AA numbers avail.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by WindwalkerAlex; Nov 13, 2015 at 6:57 pm
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
on the AA codeshares:
JFK-NRT (6,737 miles)
NRT-CGK (3,612 miles)
Roundtrip: 10,349 * 2 = 20,698 miles

I booked one in March for $784.60 (3.8 cents/mile)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:48 am

Even better prices, you can do an open jaw between SIN and CGK i.e. Mar 15 JFK-SIN Mar 22 CGK-JFK all AA codeshares on JL metal $652 Q class.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by BobSafari
Even better prices, you can do an open jaw between SIN and CGK i.e. Mar 15 JFK-SIN Mar 22 CGK-JFK all AA codeshares on JL metal $652 Q class.
Depending on whether you can find repositioning flights <100
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
Quote:

Depending on whether you can find repositioning flights &lt;100
AirAsia is your friend: ~$30 Singapore to Jakarta or, while you're at it, detour through Bali on the way and make it into a holiday.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Similar prices out of LAX
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:31 am

This might not be the ideal thread for this newbish question, but how are you searching this? Is there a way to search a range of dates or do I have to do a lot of guess and check?

The only thing close I found before the holidays was :https://www.google.fr/flights/?curr=...JL4;a=ONEWORLD

But it still has one JL# leg.

I did see Mar 16-21, but that was just using the dates you mentioned (which must have gone up since your post) and playing around a bit.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN
This might not be the ideal thread for this newbish question, but how are you searching this? Is there a way to search a range of dates or do I have to do a lot of guess and check?

The only thing close I found before the holidays was :https://www.google.fr/flights/?curr=...JL4;a=ONEWORLD

But it still has one JL# leg.

I did see Mar 16-21, but that was just using the dates you mentioned (which must have gone up since your post) and playing around a bit.
When searching on Google Flights limit your airline to American (not Oneworld). This will search only AA flights and the AA codeshares on JAL. When you click on the departure date field, two months of departures will appear with the cheapest dates highlighted in green. For example, for NYC-CGK right now, limited to AA flight numbers, I see $785 for departure on January 20, January 21, etc. That appears to be the cheapest all-AA code option right now and is available for many Tuesday/Wednesday departures through the first half of 2016.

ETA: That is for the simple round trip. I'm not as versed in the open jaws.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ty97
When searching on Google Flights limit your airline to American (not Oneworld). This will search only AA flights and the AA codeshares on JAL. When you click on the departure date field, two months of departures will appear with the cheapest dates highlighted in green. For example, for NYC-CGK right now, limited to AA flight numbers, I see $785 for departure on January 20, January 21, etc. That appears to be the cheapest all-AA code option right now and is available for many Tuesday/Wednesday departures through the first half of 2016.

ETA: That is for the simple round trip. I'm not as versed in the open jaws.
Thanks. I was actually asking more about the OJs, but I do usually click Oneworld instead of AA, so that was a good tip.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Anyone find any dates in February, maybe around President's Day (Feb 15)? I'm only seeing a few days in Jan
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:14 am

Thanks for the tip. Got SFO-JFK-NRT-SIN/CGK-NRT-JFK-SFO for $728 all AA numbers. Even with the Air Asia fare for SIN-CGK it comes out to just under 3 cpm. Added bonus of being able to stay at SIN instead of CGK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.