Reload this Page >

Aa: Gru-pvg $750

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa: Gru-pvg $750

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:48 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Hah, no! Wishful thinking.

Getting both will probably take twice that time. I recently applied BR visa and it was 10 business days for applying in-person (15 business days if sent in mail). Although time period may vary between jurisdictions.
Can't imagine China visa being a 2 day turn around as well.
I've done a two week layover in LAX on an EZE-JFK-LAX-JFK-MXP (couldn't UPG JFK-LAX segment since only three segments and backtracking issue but got EXP UPG complimentary anyway,) on one eVP. So, why not three months?

And, a China visa can be done in 24 hours, with the expedite fee.

Last edited by rbAA; Oct 11, 2015 at 5:55 am
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:52 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Getting both is going to take 1-2 weeks minimum though. I still need to send in my passport for a renewal before I can apply for a visa for China, I'm out of pages .
If you haven't max'd out the addition pages, and you're out of the US, you can have the added pages while you wait. Unless, of course, it's time for renewal.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, OZ Dia, IC Royal Joke, SPG Plat, UA 3 million miler (to be an NRSA kid again...)
Good use of SWU!

I just came back from 2x GRU/DFW/PEK. Was in GRU for the opening of new AA Admirals Club (nice!). Spent 118hrs on planes in 9 days (including US/BR/US positioning flights via award tickets). 48k EQMs for ~$1500 is pretty good. Also had the good fortune of being in DFW on a wonky day. My [previously-empty] flight to PEK became overbooked. I was one of several pax to volunteer for the bump (i.e., fly via ORD, and arrive PEK 6hrs behind schedule). AA thanked us with a $1000 cert! I think my effective CPM is somewhere around a penny.

Fortuitously, the overbooked DFW/PEK leg was the only flight (out of 8) on which my upgrade hadn't cleared prior to boarding. Little did AA know, I would have gladly flown to ORD just for the upgraded segment to PEK (old 777 cabin, or not!). No need to persuade me with an extra $1k! Incidentally, they were also looking for (60!) volunteers @ $1,000 for the HKG flight on the same day.

Last edited by fly_by_night; Oct 11, 2015 at 10:00 pm Reason: added content
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
how does swu works on stopover or layover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.