Reload this Page >

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:54 am

Is there any way to get AA credit for the Dragonair flight from HKG to PEK? On the itinerary it does up an O fare, but that isn't listed anywhere on Dragonair's or AA regarding mileage accrual. Are there any possibilities of upgrades having Gold status? Any platinum challenges possible?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by whimike
You can route through PEK then on to HKG if you do an open-jaw back to the US. I.E.:

SFO-DFW-PEK-HKG then PEK-DFW-SFO, though you would need to get yourself to PEK on the way back.
Thanks for the tip. I like it. I'm adding this to my bag of tricks. I'll price out the HKG-PEK segment & see how much time it saves me. I haven't flown the 787 yet, but from the reviews it sounds like the 77W (which I've flown) has a much better J cabin even though the upgrades are a lot harder.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:05 pm

Can confirm this works with SEA as a starting point. So SEA-DFW-BOS-ORD-PEK-HKG PEK-ORD-BOS-DFW-SEA for $640. I think that works out to be about 22k which is <3 CPM.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by letsgosomewhere
Can confirm this works with SEA as a starting point. So SEA-DFW-BOS-ORD-PEK-HKG PEK-ORD-BOS-DFW-SEA for $640. I think that works out to be about 22k which is <3 CPM.
Could you help out with the dates for this routing? Google flights is showing me a much higher fare.thank you
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by schilpa
Could you help out with the dates for this routing? Google flights is showing me a much higher fare.thank you
Leaving the 10th of November, returning between the 15th and the 20th. Still showing up, there might be more dates that work but haven't tried them yet.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2 mil miler, SkyMiles basic, Mileage Plus basic
multi city search

Hi, I would like to do the same from Denver, but unclear how to set up so many segments on Google flights or on AA Multi City routing. trying to leave Nov 13-14 return 20-21st appx. Have been looking at this for some time now as I need to be in Both Beijing and Hong Kong during this same time frame. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by rampatt
Hi, I would like to do the same from Denver, but unclear how to set up so many segments on Google flights or on AA Multi City routing. trying to leave Nov 13-14 return 20-21st appx. Have been looking at this for some time now as I need to be in Both Beijing and Hong Kong during this same time frame. Thanks!
You may have to position in Seattle or Boston. I think your dates should work, it may be a couple bucks more though.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by schilpa

I can't seem to find any out of SEA via BOS for under $1k
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
I can't seem to find any out of SEA via BOS for under $1k
Try this: https://www.google.com/flights/#search;iti=SEA_BOS_2015-11-10*BOS_PEK_2015-11-11*PEK_HKG_2015-11-12*PEK_BOS_2015-11-19*BOS_SEA_2015-11-20;tt=m;a=ONEWORLD
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
link works for me and also prices out on AA.com, good job! -thumbs up-
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Cool. Thanks for the help! Too bad the stay is too long for what I can do. Oh well, very nice find!

Also, just a note, that link is an OJ. it ends up SEA-BOS-PEK-HKG / PEK-BOS-SEA (with a couple connections in there)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Just booked BOS-DFW-PEK-HKG-DFW-BOS in March for $632. Other days of the week are $602 for the same route (Wed-Mon for example). No AA credit for the CX flight PEK-HKG but everything else nets 18,596 EQMs (3.24cpm)
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage - Executive Platinum (2MM), Marriott Silver
Been messing with routings so I can get a stopover in Tokyo before hitting Beijing when I stumbled across a good run for anyone in San Francisco:

$514 on AA.com
11/4 SFO-DFW-HKG (AA)
11/6 HKG-PEK (DragonAir)
11/10 PEK-ORD-SFO (AA)

17,980 miles, 2.9 cpm

A shame I also can't get anything to work out of SNA, LGB, and LAX since I'm based in SoCal. Hope this helps someone though.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: AA-GLD
I booked this for my wife and I in November.

ORD-DFW
DFW-HKG
HKG-PEK- on CX
PEK-ORD

We booked it back in September when this deal first came out. Our total was $620 we choose a more expensive flight for the HKG-PEK leg (Times worked better and I wanted to fly Cathay instead of Dragon).
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shinikenshi
Been messing with routings so I can get a stopover in Tokyo before hitting Beijing when I stumbled across a good run for anyone in San Francisco:

$514 on AA.com
11/4 SFO-DFW-HKG (AA)
11/6 HKG-PEK (DragonAir)
11/10 PEK-ORD-SFO (AA)

17,980 miles, 2.9 cpm

A shame I also can't get anything to work out of SNA, LGB, and LAX since I'm based in SoCal. Hope this helps someone though.
It seems that I can't replicate it around thanksgiving .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.