Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: LAX-CGK from $660 ai (18,126 miles, 3.64 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Routing: LAX-NRT-CGK-NRT-LAX
Monday-Thursday departures
Sunday-Thursday returns
Searchable on Google Flights
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
20,710 miles, 3.9cpm out of SJC

SJC-DEN-NRT-CGK (and return)
Checked 10/26 outbound, 10/27 return. 7 hours in CGK during middle of the night. This would be a pretty brutal run, but if you needed literally 20k PQMs in a hurry...

You can fly out of SFO but no way to get this sort of mileage (all the cheap fares are SFO-NRT-CGK, a pretty direct route).
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:59 am

The NRT - CGK is on ANA?

Being that it is in K class would it be good for 100% or only 50% of the PQM's?

According to United: ANA-operated flights within Japan with an international connection; and ANA-operated flights that are trans-Pacific or intra-Asia (excluding flights between Japan and Australia, mainland China or India) get 100%. All others would only get 50%.

I am not sure how United would classify it; any suggestions?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by DrewGzy
The NRT - CGK is on ANA?

100% status and 25% award

Last edited by IBIK; Sep 2, 2015 at 3:29 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by DrewGzy
The NRT - CGK is on ANA?

According to United: ANA-operated flights within Japan with an international connection; and ANA-operated flights that are trans-Pacific or intra-Asia (excluding flights between Japan and Australia, mainland China or India) get 100%. All others would only get 50%.

I am not sure how United would classify it; any suggestions?
If Booked on a 016 Ticket and in conjunction with a UA TRANSPAC Flight I have always received 100% PQM's on NH operated flights, when crediting to UA
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
If Booked on a 016 Ticket and in conjunction with a UA TRANSPAC Flight I have always received 100% PQM's on NH operated flights, when crediting to UA
A little off topic, but I'm booked on an ANA/UA codeshare next week to BKK, and I can see the seat assignments on the app. They're brutal. Middle seats, in the back, possibly not reclining.

I'm thinking best/only way to change these is at the NH lounge in NRT?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I booked in ANA website, K class with UA TRANSPAC Flight, ANA system indicate that I can only get a total of 25% on all flights for UA MP.

If I credit the mileage to ANA MP, I will get 30%
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tblack15
A little off topic, but I'm booked on an ANA/UA codeshare next week to BKK, and I can see the seat assignments on the app. They're brutal. Middle seats, in the back, possibly not reclining.

I'm thinking best/only way to change these is at the NH lounge in NRT?
No, call ANA.

I also booked one of the lax-bkk deals. I first had to call United to get the ANA conf number, but once I had that I called ANA and they changed it no problem.

FWIW, the earnings says I should get 100% PQM and RDM (although with RDM being fare based I get about 25% of the actual miles).

Last edited by BThumme; Sep 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
ANA's Website is good for adding Information (ie Passport info, MP # etc) You can select seats in advance as well. Log in as Guest if Crediting to UA..
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:43 pm

Anyone here down to do a run together?

I'm currently 10k PQM short of 1K. If this earns 100% PQM, I might pull the trigger. Unless there are other MRs out there. Someone posted a good SFO-BAH MR too that i was considering.

i'm based in SFO(I can travel to SJC)...and will think about repositioning to LAX if things work out. Looking for same day turn!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA MM/Plat, AS MVP
I did a similar run last year (PDX-SFO-NRT-CGK).
I got full miles. The biggest hassle was trying to get through to ANA to get a seat assignment (I am a stickler for that). I was able to get an aisle and they did a great job treating my like an SA Gold member.

NRT-CGK is on ANA and is a great flight. I did the outbound in coach and inbound was upgraded to their business.

I recommend using the NRT ANA Lounge if you are SA Gold. There are two and they utterly embarrass the United Club.

CGK traffic can be awful and the airport is almost as bad as the Kafka-esque nightmare of MNL. The airport lounge is crowded and in dire need of an update, but preferable to the crowds outside. Both the inbound and outbound flights land at odd hours (late at night and early morning, respectively.

I stayed at the Pullman Thamrin which had a great mall across the street and has been refurbished. The breakfast buffet is outstanding.

They just dropped the visa requirement for USA. I think the airport tax is still 10 bucks. Make sure you carry exact change. I only had a 20 and the scam was "we don't have change, so we will just call it 10 dollars." Whatever. Hope it went to good use.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by pspark
They just dropped the visa requirement for USA. I think the airport tax is still 10 bucks. Make sure you carry exact change. I only had a 20 and the scam was "we don't have change, so we will just call it 10 dollars." Whatever. Hope it went to good use.
Source? State Dept still says 'Visa on Arrival' for Indonesia.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Brown medallion
http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...indonesia.html

TOURIST VISA REQUIRED:
No (for 30 day tourist travel only)
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by dcoaster
Source? State Dept still says 'Visa on Arrival' for Indonesia.
Airport tax and visa fees aren't the same thing.

I suspect the airport tax is an on-departure tax. Some countries are notorious for requiring exact change, sometimes in US currency.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Nice find!

FYI, looks like AA has quite a few similar fares as well (closer to $710), including some with stopovers via DFW and ORD, starting from LAX. I've got to take a CGK trip anyway and for AA, you can actually get it even lower with a CGK/SIN open-jaw.

Have spent a fair amount of time in Jakarta for work and visiting friends from Australia -- the VOA is indeed eliminated for US citizens now, so no need to queue up at the VOA payment counter any more (used to be $30-35 each time, IIRC). As mentioned, you will still need to pay the airport tax upon departure, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.