Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SFO/EWR/IAH/IAD/ORD to BOG $264+ ai rt

AA: SFO/EWR/IAH/IAD/ORD to BOG $264+ ai rt

Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, former UA Premier Executive
Originally Posted by crunchy
You wouldn't have to wait. There are kiosks.
When I was there last weekend the kiosk wouldn't complete the process. Needed to go to the agent and answer the security questions and everything.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Machines are cranky

i was there last week and came to the airport at 8:30pm for the 00:30 flight to dfw. I needed the boarding passes to get to the lounge. The machines are cranky to say the least. Some of them have dead pixels/areas so the submit button on some screens did not respond or the passport scanner would not scan my passport. I ended up using the manual option of entering my info from passport and was able to get boarding passes.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Would this be good for a MR if doing the platinum challenge? Even at 445 I don't think this would be a bad price.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by greycap7
Would this be good for a MR if doing the platinum challenge? Even at 445 I don't think this would be a bad price.
this one is better:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...ty-723-rt.html
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
On the way back from my run these last two days.

I just did the SFO-DFW-BOG-MIA-SFO run.

For anyone doing the 3PM BOG-MIA flight and wants to catch the MIA-SFO flight the same evening, it's doable, I just did it (it won't let you book it, instead I was booked on the 7AM MIA-SFO the next day). We landed at 6:50PM local in MIA, took about 12 min to taxi to the gate and then disembark. Long walk from gate to Global Entry, only had to wait a minute or two to get a machine, then a long walk to baggage claim, and then customs. There was a line at customs (even with global entry), but it was cleared in about 5 minutes. Went through security with TSA Pre-check, fairly quickly and made it to the gate just as they started boarding. I was able to get confirmed on the flight (with Platinum status) at the gate using the boarding pass for the next day.

The only caveat in all of this is that none of the machines would issue me the next day MIA-SFO boarding pass, I had to go to the Priority counter at BOG and ask them to print one out.

I'll also mention I was worried about departure tax (or at least the departure tax exemption receipt) in BOG, as I've read a few articles about it, but they said I didn't need to worry about it at the check-in counter (when I was getting my boarding pass for MIA-SFO), and sure enough never got asked for a receipt for departure tax exemption.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Hah. AA just cancelled the late flight from SFO->ORD. I called them and they rebooked me on the non-stop to MIA, connecting to the same flight to BOG. No nasty overnight in Chicago, leave later, arrive earlier, an extra three hours in the Centurion club in MIA... and the kicker -- they rebooked in full Y, which means free MCE seats! Exit row, here I come...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.