Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SFO/EWR/IAH/IAD/ORD to BOG $264+ ai rt

AA: SFO/EWR/IAH/IAD/ORD to BOG $264+ ai rt

Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Just got in from Bogota.. Heading back in two days! Thanks OP!

Aloha from Hawaii!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ryan754
Just got in from Bogota.. Heading back in two days! Thanks OP!

Aloha from Hawaii!
Trip report? Curious if the quick turns work.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Found BNA-DFW-IAH-MIA-BOG(all in N)-DFW-BWI-CLT-BNA(all in S) on a same day return for next weekend on ITA for ~$500, but the N fare for IAH-MIA-BOG turned into K when I tried to book through Google Flights and the price went up to ~$850. Oh well.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS- MVP Gold, Marriott Silver
Still alive, just booked DCA to BOG $251 r/t

Thanks OP! Just booked for Feb 16-25 for a vacation, connecting at DFW. My friends have visited Columbia several times and have really loved it. Mine booked into N and S class, fully creditable to AS for EQMs.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Trip report? Curious if the quick turns work.
No, was down there for a couple days... Bogota airport is fairly big, but I'm assuming that you can pull off an intl connection there and turn around without a problem.. Just get your BP in MIA/DFW.

In my opinion.. It's a shame not to spend at least a day there! Enjoy some Juan Valdez (or any Colombian Coffee) Have a steak at La Estancia Chica or Andreas Carne Res etc.... A cab to the city is less than ten bucks, plenty hotels to fit every budget, and fairly safe.. Very friendly people, I can do on.. I hope some people take advantage of this fare and get a nice taste of Colombia!
I just managed to book a over night in Medellin! (Another GREAT city in Colombia!)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:43 pm

Any routing to get this out of LAX without a positioning flight?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Was able to price and book SFO-MIA-MDE-BOG on Priceline for $114 one way -- February.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Still Active!

Just booked! SFO-DFW-BOG on Oct 21; return BOG-MIA-SFO on Oct 22. None of the flights are overnight, and my SWUs went through right away on all four segments. Best of all, total cost was only 14,950 Citi Thank You pts (equivalent of about $240), for which the Great Circle Mapper suggests I should get 8,026 AA EQMs (=3.0 cpm) and 16,056 AA RDMs (with elite bonus). Thanks much OP!!! And maybe I will bring my spouse to Bogota sometime in the future if this trip works out OK.

Also, I have only a seven-hour layover, and am thinking of getting a few hours sleep at the Holiday Inn Bogota Airport (which has an all-hours airport shuttle), but any other ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by Paul5795; Aug 31, 2015 at 3:58 pm Reason: typos
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:53 pm

Whats the best way to get this to be a fare class upgrade? All the fare classes I am finding are the 0.5 points. I am trying to challenge AA and use this 1 trip to get Gold. The SFO-DTW-BOG-DTW-SFO is only 9446 miles, and at 0.5 points it won't get me to the 5K I need.

Any suggestions from SFO, trying not to pay a ton, which takes out higher paid classes? Can I just book online for the lower fare class, and then call and tell them I want it to say economy H, K, M, L, W, V to get the 1.0 points/mile?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by msiegel67
Whats the best way to get this to be a fare class upgrade? All the fare classes I am finding are the 0.5 points. I am trying to challenge AA and use this 1 trip to get Gold. The SFO-DTW-BOG-DTW-SFO is only 9446 miles, and at 0.5 points it won't get me to the 5K I need.

Any suggestions from SFO, trying not to pay a ton, which takes out higher paid classes? Can I just book online for the lower fare class, and then call and tell them I want it to say economy H, K, M, L, W, V to get the 1.0 points/mile?
You can place a ticket on hold and then call in to ask them about upfaring to a 1EQP/mi fare class. just be aware that one of those fare classes may be significantly more costly. Safer to hold and call in then to just purchase and hope you can upfare at reasonable cost.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Any west coast cities besides SFO?
I only found SFO and BOG available, no other pairings for the west coast. Anyone else get anything different?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Do you mean Detroit (DTW) or Dallas (DFW)? I dont think AA connects through Detroit, and I don't think a connection through Dallas gives you 9446 miles.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Paul5795
Do you mean Detroit (DTW) or Dallas (DFW)? I dont think AA connects through Detroit, and I don't think a connection through Dallas gives you 9446 miles.
Definitely meant DFW, and I realize that it is only 7993 miles. My mistake. However, I also have a flight to Detroit in Oct, which if I go through MIA, will net me 3319 QM (coming from LAS for work). Thus getting me over the 10K for the AA Plat challenge. The only HUGE detail, is I need to get the fare class that is the 1.0 point/mile for both trips.

I didn't want to have to pay anymore money than the fares I found ($404 for BOG, $218 for DTW). So I was hoping AA would just bump my fare class if I asked. I wasn't sure if they also charge you more, etc..
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Definitely meant DFW, and I realize that it is only 7993 miles. My mistake. However, I also have a flight to Detroit in Oct, which if I go through MIA, will net me 3319 QM (coming from LAS for work). Thus getting me over the 10K for the AA Plat challenge. The only HUGE detail, is I need to get the fare class that is the 1.0 point/mile for both trips.

I didn't want to have to pay anymore money than the fares I found ($404 for BOG, $218 for DTW). So I was hoping AA would just bump my fare class if I asked. I wasn't sure if they also charge you more, etc..
lol no, those are fare buckets for a reason - 0.5 are the cheapest ones. If you want 1.0, you have to pay more, that's the whole point of the system.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Absolutely no chance! For example the cheapest EWR-DFW-BOG (one way) in September is $96.30 and it's in the N fare bucket. If you wanted a 1 EQP the cheapest I see is V for $157.30.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.