Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AF/KL: EU-USA-Brazil-USA-Bangkok-USA-Brazil-USA-EU $1107 rt 2.4 cpm (47088 miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/AF/KL: EU-USA-Brazil-USA-Bangkok-USA-Brazil-USA-EU $1107 rt 2.4 cpm (47088 miles)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:41 am

It's a shame, price went up.. was still puzzling with it.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; SPG Plat; MR Plat; Hertz Plat
I was looking at it too! The Brazil visa requirements for US citizens looked like a PITA if I were just going for the MR. Have not travelled much this year but will be back to travel next year so want to keep Diamond status. Need to add MRs to get another 35,000 miles this year.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I thought about it for a moment and then thought maybe, but then reality set in and said no.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I you're going to wait around for 100% mileage deals, you're going to end up not requalifying. 50% (or less, or none ) is the new reality - where even business-class travel may get you 125%.
And what is this worth for ?
with an also Devaluation of milage using, one get nearly nothing for 22500 miles ( 50% from 45k flown ). And who in the world want to sit his/her a.. for 5 days/nights in eco ??? for nothing.
I would like to see some nice MR's which are really worth the rouble ( Business/first error fares, or @ least match with my travel pattern ( so between DUS/CGN/FRA/BRU/AMS ) and ( BKK/HKT/KUL and SIN ) for less than 300 $
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
You get almost the Gold Medallion status in one shot with this MR which is awesome for a few people but you need to value very high the status to make all those sacrifices.
I wanted go to Rio and BKK from Europe anyway.
But making the US immigration queue 4 times is killing it.
You earn not that many Skypesos in 2015. And Flying Blue won't even give you the Silver status with this MR.
So I wil stick with the cheap tickets I find with IB and RJ for the same price and the dates I really want and get a few American miles I walue much more than skypesos without having the pain of saying hello to the American policemen.
The devaluation of FF programs makes me do more rational choices today

If you do 43 times this MR, you'll get Gold Medaillon status for life though
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bertheike
I would like to see some nice MR's which are really worth the rouble ( Business/first error fares, or @ least match with my travel pattern ( so between DUS/CGN/FRA/BRU/AMS ) and ( BKK/HKT/KUL and SIN ) for less than 300 $
Well your dream just came true BA First from Germany to Kuala Lumpur for EUR1100; or to Australia for EUR1800.

I hope you found it in time: KUL was available until BA woke up at around 08:30 this morning; Sydney until somewhat later.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Well your dream just came true BA First from Germany to Kuala Lumpur for EUR1100; or to Australia for EUR1800.

I hope you found it in time: KUL was available until BA woke up at around 08:30 this morning; Sydney until somewhat later.
Thank's for quoting, I saw it on secret flying, but already to late.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bertheike
Thank's for quoting, I saw it on secret flying, but already to late.
Well, you saved yourself some heartache - British Airways is cancelling the tickets
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Well, you saved yourself some heartache - British Airways is cancelling the tickets
That's a bit surprising/random considering they are honoring the Norway-USA business class fares from last week
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Masterfrog
You get almost the Gold Medallion status in one shot with this MR which is awesome for a few people but you need to value very high the status to make all those sacrifices.
You forgot one important component:

Without the requisite amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars spent within the year, the amount of Medallion Qualification Miles earned becomes irrelevant, as you will not achieve that next level of Medallion elite status.

For example: unless you spent a minimum amount of money to have earned at least $6,000.00 in Medallion Qualification Dollars within the year, you could have 100,000 Medallion Qualification Miles and still not have earned Gold Medallion elite status.
If you do 43 times this MR, you'll get Gold Medaillon status for life though
That is actually correct...

...so who is willing to pay approximately $47,600.00 and endure those 43 itineraries for annual complimentary Gold Medallion elite level status?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Without the requisite amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars spent within the year, the amount of Medallion Qualification Miles earned becomes irrelevant, as you will not achieve that next level of Medallion elite status.

For example: unless you spent a minimum amount of money to have earned at least $6,000.00 in Medallion Qualification Dollars within the year, you could have 100,000 Medallion Qualification Miles and still not have earned Gold Medallion elite status.
True for people residing in the USA.
But the Medaillon Qualification Dollars don't apply for Europeans (who have the most interest in this MR). So technically, you can get the status in almost one shot if you have a address outside the USA.
America in not the only center of the universe
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:55 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

True for people residing in the USA.
But the Medaillon Qualification Dollars don't apply for Europeans (who have the most interest in this MR). So technically, you can get the status in almost one shot if you have a address outside the USA.
America in not the only center of the universe
You are correct; but as Delta Air Lines is based in the United States, I would think that a significant portion of people who are interested in earning Medallion elite level status would also be based in the United States...

...especially when there are other options within the SkyTeam alliance; and especially when award tickets for trips whose itineraries originate outside of the United States using SkyMiles can be rather costly in terms of taxes, fees and surcharges.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Canarsie

For example: unless you spent a minimum amount of money to have earned at least $6,000.00 in Medallion Qualification Dollars within the year, you could have 100,000 Medallion Qualification Miles and still not have earned Gold Medallion elite status.That is actually correct...

...so who is willing to pay approximately $47,600.00 and endure those 43 itineraries for annual complimentary Gold Medallion elite level status?
The bigger question is:

Who has a 50k dollar credit limit to pay for this up front?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.