Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
UA: LAX-ORD $80 ai

Found this on the flight deal. Many dates available. Non-stop flights only

Actually even less on same day return $74.60 for 3490 PQM = 2.1cpm

Last edited by sna430; Jul 29, 2015 at 6:59 pm Reason: More info added
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
It is nice to see the major airlines matching the ulcc fares. Thank you Spirit, Allegiant, and Frontier.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:28 am

Just bought 3 of these tickets at $74.50 on the same day. Planning on using 1k Status to use 24 hour no fee switch to move one from Tues to Mon and move one from Tues to Wed. I'll be flying the same route 3 days in a row LOLOLOL omg... i must be crazy...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by unique1
Just bought 3 of these tickets at $74.50 on the same day. Planning on using 1k Status to use 24 hour no fee switch to move one from Tues to Mon and move one from Tues to Wed. I'll be flying the same route 3 days in a row LOLOLOL omg... i must be crazy...
That's nuts, I hope your successful. Pretty risky since everything seems to be full these days.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
booked a couple myself (actually found a similar fare ORD-SFO in late August). it'll be my first mileage run in 8 years!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by unique1
i hate to rain on your parade, but the chances of this being successful are very low, since to change for free you need to have same fare bucket availability. i assume these book into "N", the lowest fare bucket...the likelihood of having N available at amenable flight times is pretty low, particularly on Mondays.

also, be aware that you might end up with getting some of your bookings autocancelled if they are at conflicting times (ie, if you have 3 independent tickets on the same flights, you're almost guaranteed to get them autocanceled by UA for "impossible bookings"). anyways good luck, but the odds are stacked against you, if you are inside T-24 you might want to get some refunds and rethink your strategy.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:48 am

You may stand by if seats are not available in the purchased fare class. In these cases, the same-day change fee will apply, but will not be charged unless you are assigned a seat on your alternate flight. Changes in routing are not allowed when standing by. S.
maybe that's what he's doing?

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...daychange.aspx
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by ECOTONE
booked a couple myself (actually found a similar fare ORD-SFO in late August). it'll be my first mileage run in 8 years!
Dates? Seeing 189ai as cheapest to SFO
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by medellinfein
Dates? Seeing 189ai as cheapest to SFO
same day turn on 8/26
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold
Looks like fewer dates are available for the $75 fare (10/27 & 10/28), still seeing quite a few days for $143.

Last edited by 2919scott; Jul 30, 2015 at 1:22 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i hate to rain on your parade, but the chances of this being successful are very low, since to change for free you need to have same fare bucket availability. i assume these book into "N", the lowest fare bucket...the likelihood of having N available at amenable flight times is pretty low, particularly on Mondays.

also, be aware that you might end up with getting some of your bookings autocancelled if they are at conflicting times (ie, if you have 3 independent tickets on the same flights, you're almost guaranteed to get them autocanceled by UA for "impossible bookings"). anyways good luck, but the odds are stacked against you, if you are inside T-24 you might want to get some refunds and rethink your strategy.
I've been 1k for a while and the GREATEST thing about 1k status is... the 24 hour no change fee, and getting number 1 or 2 on standby and having my standby rate be NEARLY 100%, the ONE time i never got standby was when Dallas had tornadoes and was backed 5 days for flights.

The GREATEST thing about 1K is, you pay a LOW fair to essentially take ANY flight you want in a 24-48 hour window... and just switch last minute, sure you might not get the upgrade to first class but you get a LOW fair for the time slot you want for a flight, works like a charm and been doing it for a while... I'm based out of Chicago too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.