Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AC: YUL-HNL €419/$461 ai rt 4.6 cpm (9994 miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

YUL-YYC-YVR-HNL-YVR-YYC-YUL
http://www.kayak.de/flights/YUL-HNL/...-18/2015-11-24
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Are you sure it books into a 100% earning class? I bet it's some ridiculous Tango fare.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Are you sure it books into a 100% earning class? I bet it's some ridiculous Tango fare.
I have not said anything about that; up to you to check. ^
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by BobKop
Oh ok, sorry - I went with the title and the cpm calculation, hehe.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AC 25K
K class (Tango) on AC so only earns 25% on flights within Canada and 50% of flights between Canada and US with AC/AE. Plus the Rouge segments so

Last edited by YUL2YEG; Jul 29, 2015 at 7:54 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by BobKop
Shouldn't that be something to confirm before posting to the MR forum? The whole purpose is to earn at <5 cpm. Posting flights that don't earn aren't really in the spirt of this forum and should instead be posted here.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:53 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Thank you, BobKop. I understand Canadians have a harder time scoring good fares.

Last edited by LGA; Jul 29, 2015 at 8:59 am Reason: swype typo
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Thanks BobKop for posting. And No, that's not something the OP should check. Not everyone credits to AC.

Originally Posted by LeftsideWindow
Shouldn't that be something to confirm before posting to the MR forum? The whole purpose is to earn at <5 cpm. Posting flights that don't earn aren't really in the spirt of this forum and should instead be posted here.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1KHI
Thanks BobKop for posting. And No, that's not something the OP should check. Not everyone credits to AC.
It is a good suggestion. I believe it is something to check in regards to the MR forum. I personally do it as a courtesy to the wider MR community and those reading the board. If I posted every sub 5cpm fare I know about without regard to cpeqm (cents per elite qualifying mile) I could also fill up multiple pages of the FT MR forum with "deals".

That said, I am very thankful for BobKop's contributions and fully understand the time and effort it takes to find/post airfares.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
It is a good suggestion. I believe it is something to check in regards to the MR forum. I personally do it as a courtesy to the wider MR community and those reading the board. If I posted every sub 5cpm fare I know about without regard to cpeqm (cents per elite qualifying mile) I could also fill up multiple pages of the FT MR forum with "deals".

That said, I am very thankful for BobKop's contributions and fully understand the time and effort it takes to find/post airfares.
+1, I didn't mean to open a can of worms here, and I know it's time-consuming to not just post MR deals but also verify what fare buckets they book into. Not only that, but this particular deal is an excellent price to HNL from YUL - good luck getting there for double that price most of the time - just not a mileage earning one.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
It would be useful if posts include the fare class. That way, it's easier for people to add value to the thread by confirming what it earns for a particular FF program.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
It would be useful if posts include the fare class. That way, it's easier for people to add value to the thread by confirming what it earns for a particular FF program.
Agree. A quick check on AC.com finds it books into K class and is around CAD$600 AI RT.

More importantly worth noting beyond COS however is that the YVR-HNL portion is on Air Canada's leisure carrier called rouge and it's economy seating is not to everyone's liking. Caveat emptor.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by tcook052
Air Canada's leisure carrier called rouge and it's economy seating is not to everyone's anyone's liking. Caveat emptor.
Fixed that for you , I think Rouge currently has the worst average reviews of any airline? AC is a decent enough airline but it is amazing to see just how bad the reviews are of Rouge...Just to warn everyone else...Nice fare OP ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.