Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Norwegian JFK/BOS/BWI-PTP/FDF $275 All in

Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if this was already discussed but Norwegian is offering new non stop service from BOS/BWI/JFK to both FDF and PTP in the French Caribbean. I just booked JFK-FDF for $407 all in.

My dates were flexible, but there were lots of dates available especially to PTP for $276 all in.

all bookable Dec to March

Baggage and seat assignments are extra.

This is an AMAZING deal, looking around, I saw almost nothing to the Caribbean for less than $400, and nothing direct from JFK-FDF.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
Yes, it has been discussed on FT

$400+ is not an amazing deal to the Caribbean, especially on a low cost carrier who will leave you in a world of hurt if your plane is out of service or delayed.

This deal when first announced was for $180/RT give or take.

I also believe AA has cut some of their fares in response. For instance, you can get a RT on AA exNYC to FDF for approx $300 (less than $300 in December, approx $300 in January, etc.)

So please, do a little research before posting "AMAZING" duplicate deals.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jestner

$400+ is not an amazing deal to the Caribbean, especially on a low cost carrier who will leave you in a world of hurt if your plane is out of service or delayed.

I also believe AA has cut some of their fares in response. For instance, you can get a RT on AA exNYC to FDF for approx $300 (less than $300 in December, approx $300 in January, etc.)

Also, you'll need to factor in a couple of nights at your departure airport when they cancel your flight. You'll also need to factor in the cost of new flights at walk-up prices on another airline.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This belongs in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rs-2015-a.html thread, as DY ffp does not cater mileage runs.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Hotels, Marriott
Originally Posted by rrapynot
Also, you'll need to factor in a couple of nights at your departure airport when they cancel your flight.
Not that I'm trying to defend a LCC but that is a patently false statement. Norwegian is parking a 3rd plane as a spare in the Caribbean.

http://crankyflier.com/2015/06/25/no...an-not-europe/

Horrible utilization but they apparently don't have anything better to do during their slow months.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
This belongs in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rs-2015-a.html thread, as DY ffp does not cater mileage runs.
Agreed. Good fare. Not a mileage run.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Jestner

Ditto, I got the a flight from BWI to PTP for $180 in early December. Its going for $280 now, so no longer a steal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.