Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta LAX-ANC $261 AI .032

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold Plus 5-Star
Originally Posted by ab_initio
I was 8/8 on upgrades for my 9/25 and 9/26 back to back runs but had my RUC handy just in case I was stuck in Y. Agreed, though - it's tough w/o IFE and/or wifi.
Can't argue with those numbers. As a Plat, I got UGs btw LAX and MSP, but nothing btw MSP and ANC.

Originally Posted by jyk228
I just did LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX this past weekend (left LA late Saturday afternoon and was back for dinner Sunday night). 8,108 MQM towards a Delta Gold status match, plus I was upgraded on both MSP-ANC (5 days prior) and ANC-MSP (at the gate).
Good deal. Looks like I chose the wrong dates to get any love from DL on the MSP-ANC and ANC-MSP legs. Hopefully my next one gives a better outcome.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Curious - how much did this cost you?
24141 MQMs
$744 Total
$0.0308 CPM
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:16 pm

Did anyone have wifi coverage in Canada (MSP --> ANC --> MSP legs)? I'm looking at the flight details and it says there is wifi coverage, but it appears some users have reported otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited by db729; Oct 11, 2015 at 11:45 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by db729
Did anyone have wifi coverage of Canada (MSP --> ANC --> MSP legs)? I'm looking at the flight details and it says there is wifi coverage, but it appears some users have reported otherwise. Thanks!
I'm curious about this too, specifically whether in-flight streaming still works even if there is no link to the Internet at large. Previous poster mentioned 757 variants; I'm doing this 10/31 currently showing a 738 with the Personal Entertainment icon on the MSP<->ANC legs.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by db729
Did anyone have wifi coverage of Canada (MSP --> ANC --> MSP legs)? I'm looking at the flight details and it says there is wifi coverage, but it appears some users have reported otherwise. Thanks!
Only for the first 45 mins or so on the MSP-ANC leg, along with the last 30 mins (i.e., when over US airspace).
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm curious about this too, specifically whether in-flight streaming still works even if there is no link to the Internet at large. Previous poster mentioned 757 variants; I'm doing this 10/31 currently showing a 738 with the Personal Entertainment icon on the MSP<->ANC legs.
I started my video while we still had wifi (first 30-45 mins or so) and it played fine even when we were over Canada - I was under the impression that ultimately I am streaming from an on-board device but it needs to authenticate with the ground server first.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by ab_initio
Only for the first 45 mins or so on the MSP-ANC leg, along with the last 30 mins (i.e., when over US airspace).
Wow that's brutal...thanks for the info!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:28 pm

Keep your expectations low on the 738. Even though the website states personal entertainment on the 738, seatguru says something different:

"Most of Delta's Boeing 737-800 coded 73H feature AVOD in addition to personal satellite TV at every seat. All other 737-800s, coded 738 or 73Y, still have overhead TVs in both cabins. Delta is in the process of converting all 738s to 73Hs."

Not sure how long since that statement was updated, but be ready just in case you board and see those big a** TVs overhead.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LA2NY&BACK
Keep your expectations low on the 738. [...]
Good to know, thanks -- seatguru goes on to say "however both types feature inflight Wi-Fi" so as long as that's true, I'm ok with streaming on my tablet (bearing in mind the caveat upthread about possibly needing to authenticate/start playback while over US airspace). Or I could actually read an actual book I guess
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by LA2NY&BACK
Not sure how long since that statement was updated, but be ready just in case you board and see those big a** TVs overhead.
I wish they were big, I think the 73H personal screens are bigger than the overhead screens. Unfair to call a ViewMaster a tablet, haha
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, JPM Select
Thanks for the heads up! Doing a SJC-MSP-ANC-MSP-SJC run on the 31st for $294. Earns 8162 MQM.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by inferno10
Thanks for the heads up! Doing a SJC-MSP-ANC-MSP-SJC run on the 31st for $294. Earns 8162 MQM.
I'm on those same flights on 10/31 but getting 8188 MQM, maybe I live further from SJC than you do

Seriously though, if I add up the "Miles Flown" on the upcoming trips page it does say 8162, but it said 8188 at time of booking and the latter is what matters. Or at least, I have a different upcoming itinerary where there is a similar small discrepancy but I've flown the same routing before and was credited with the higher MQM amount shown on the booking page.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:39 am

At MSP now on my way home... MSP-ANC-MSP was on N3764D, a 73H. On the way up for better or for worse I picked exit row window over C+ middle and couldn't manage to get audio from the PTV, but this was probably user error. Streaming did work on my tablet... up to a point. It worked fine for maybe the first 50 minutes, then got a "bummer your video is unavailable" or something like that. Quitting out of the Gogo app back to Chrome let me re-start the video (annoyingly, from the beginning so I had to seek to my last position #FWP) but then it started crapping out like this every 5 minutes or so and then finally failed with a different error, the text of which I forget but sounded more dire/permanent so I gave up and did some reading.

Elected for middle C+ on the way back. Hardness of seat bothered me more or I just noticed it more, cumulative effect or something.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:46 pm

Good to know we aren't completely misled on the personal TVs being available.

Elected for middle C+ on the way back. Hardness of seat bothered me more or I just noticed it more, cumulative effect or something.
Totally understandable. I did an exit row on the MSP-ANC-MSP legs on my last one. The leg room was so much better than the DC+, but they were brutal on the ANC-MSP sleep leg. I'm definitely sticking with DC+ on next week's run (unless the upgrade fairy pays me a visit), especially with the personal entertainment option.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I flew LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX this weekend. Definitely missed the personal entertainment on the old 757 birds between MSP-ANC. It appeared there were lots of runners on my flights. We even had a missed approach into Anchorage Saturday night. Doing a double next weekend. Yikes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.