Wiki Posts
Search

Delta LAX-ANC $261 AI .032

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by LA2NY&BACK
Saw these revised schedules. It's like they did it just for us. If they're still around after I sleep on it, another back-to-back will be in order.
Still out there, e.g. Oct 2 straight turn-around with 1h15min in ANC from SEA for now 207.91
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Pulled the trigger on a back to back 9/20 and 9/21 LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX. The trick was finding a positioning flight from the east coast. At lease I'll be able to rest and shower at the Hyatt Place the night of 9/19.

Thinking about a second round in November, but haven't decided on that yet.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
Pulled the trigger on a back to back 9/20 and 9/21 LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX. The trick was finding a positioning flight from the east coast. At lease I'll be able to rest and shower at the Hyatt Place the night of 9/19.

Thinking about a second round in November, but haven't decided on that yet.
Enjoy -- I have 4 of these booked including a November 13-14 back-to-back. Let us know how your September back-to-back goes!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, DL, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood GE, Club Carlson Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Amb
I'm trying to book pns-atl-lax-msp-anc-msp-lax-atl-pns problem is the system won't let me fly in oct 3rd at 835pm and leave at 950pm the same night. It costs a lot more if I split up the reservation.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Post the routing you want with dates so we can mess with it.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, DL, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood GE, Club Carlson Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by funflier
Post the routing you want with dates so we can mess with it.
I called Delta Online reservations and they took care of it. All is well.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL - DM, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite,
Pulled the trigger on my first MR and elected for the back to back on 9/25 - 9/26. LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX

If all works well maybe doing another in Nov.

Hope all goes well.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by fromles2u
Pulled the trigger on my first MR and elected for the back to back on 9/25 - 9/26. LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX

If all works well maybe doing another in Nov.

Hope all goes well.
Congrats! Looks like a few of us bit the bullet on the back-to-backs. The 261 fare still looks fairly plentiful.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold Plus 5-Star
Just returned.

First, the veggies: MSP to ANC to MSP is PAINFUL. On one run, I was on a 75U, the other I was on a 75V. Neither one had personal TVs at the seats and there's no wifi over Canadian airspace. Take a good book, a portable DVD player or something. Very little "additional" recline/legroom in the DC+ seats too (and no added actual comfort), so be ready for a task on the red-eye (ANC to MSP) portion. Sleep was hard to come by. Look for days that use the 75X and 75H for that turn. At least you'll be able to watch movies/TV. And yes, MSP to ANC to MSP is actually a turn; same metal, same crew.

Now the dessert: Depending on your schedule, try your luck on SDCing to an added stop on the routing. I was able to route through DTW on the way out and keep the remainder of my itinerary the same (LAX-DTW-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX). ATL also seemed possible, but there weren't any V-fares available on my day. If you got the 261 fare and you're able to SDC through ATL, you'll get 9423 MQMs for your $261, so that's 2.77cpm. If you go through DTW, you'll get 9078 MQMs, so that's 2.87. Didn't try to SDC the return, but I imagine that could be done as well, which could drop the cpms to the low 2s.

For anyone still looking, I think the fare is still around.

Good luck.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold
I am doing this route for the second time on Oct 27. Anyone else out there going on that day too?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
Enjoy -- I have 4 of these booked including a November 13-14 back-to-back. Let us know how your September back-to-back goes!
I'm doing a similar run in November 12-15. 72 hr mileage run.
PDX - MSP - ANC - MSP - LAX - MSP - ANC - MSP - LAX - MSP - ANC - MSP - PDX. Should grind about 24K MQMs at a rate of $0.03 CPM.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by tbaker
I'm doing a similar run in November 12-15. 72 hr mileage run.
PDX - MSP - ANC - MSP - LAX - MSP - ANC - MSP - LAX - MSP - ANC - MSP - PDX. Should grind about 24K MQMs at a rate of $0.03 CPM.
Curious - how much did this cost you?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:55 pm

I just did LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX this past weekend (left LA late Saturday afternoon and was back for dinner Sunday night). 8,108 MQM towards a Delta Gold status match, plus I was upgraded on both MSP-ANC (5 days prior) and ANC-MSP (at the gate). The 1AM-6AM layover in ANC was a snoozefest, as everything was closed, but I was able to get some work done. The sunrise over the Yukon was unreal, and I wouldn't mind doing this again (or Fairbanks with a longer layover to check out the Northern Lights).
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LA2NY&BACK
Just returned.

First, the veggies: MSP to ANC to MSP is PAINFUL. On one run, I was on a 75U, the other I was on a 75V. Neither one had personal TVs at the seats and there's no wifi over Canadian airspace. Take a good book, a portable DVD player or something. Very little "additional" recline/legroom in the DC+ seats too (and no added actual comfort), so be ready for a task on the red-eye (ANC to MSP) portion. Sleep was hard to come by. Look for days that use the 75X and 75H for that turn. At least you'll be able to watch movies/TV. And yes, MSP to ANC to MSP is actually a turn; same metal, same crew.

Now the dessert: Depending on your schedule, try your luck on SDCing to an added stop on the routing. I was able to route through DTW on the way out and keep the remainder of my itinerary the same (LAX-DTW-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX). ATL also seemed possible, but there weren't any V-fares available on my day. If you got the 261 fare and you're able to SDC through ATL, you'll get 9423 MQMs for your $261, so that's 2.77cpm. If you go through DTW, you'll get 9078 MQMs, so that's 2.87. Didn't try to SDC the return, but I imagine that could be done as well, which could drop the cpms to the low 2s.

For anyone still looking, I think the fare is still around.

Good luck.
I was 8/8 on upgrades for my 9/25 and 9/26 back to back runs but had my RUC handy just in case I was stuck in Y. Agreed, though - it's tough w/o IFE and/or wifi.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ab_initio
Yes, agreed. However if you can do 2 days back to back, the ~1.5 hr @ LAX on day 2 is enough for a quick shower (at least that's my plan).
As a follow-up, I was able to take a shower during the 1.5 hr in LAX - no problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.