Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: MSP-SGN €771/$858 ai rt 4.7 cpm (18082 miles)

Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

MSP-ORD-HKG-SGN-HKG-ORD-MSP
Same day turn sample: Sep. 27 - Sep. 29 (€771)
http://www.kayak.de/flights/MSP-SGN/...09-30-flexible

Sample date: Sep. 24 - Sep. 28
http://www.kayak.de/flights/MSP-SGN/...-24/2015-09-28
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
BobKop,

you post some great deals. thank you for your contributions to the forum!

however, i think the sheer volume of your individual threads dilutes the MR forum as a whole. many of us have various RSS/IFTTT alerts set to send us emails or push notifications when there is a new thread, or a specific keyword posted.

is there any chance i could convince you to maybe try any of the following:

(a) condense your deals more thoroughly: today, for example, you posted two threads for UA/NH deals to SGN - one ex-NYC, the other ex-MSP - for roughly the same price. because my alerts are triggered by "UA" in the title, i received two push notifications for essentially the same deal. titling the deal as "NYC/MSP-SGN" would have been just as effective, resulted in one less notification for me, a less cluttered forum, and less work for you.

(b) tighten the threshold for the MR deals posted. if we applied a 3.5cpm criteria (and perhaps the rest were posted in the "good deals" thread), then there would only have been 6 new threads posted today instead of 17. granted, this should be a judgment call since many airports are relatively expensive, so anything sub-4cpm is a super deal at those airports.

(c) start a "bobkop's daily deals" megathread, which i would even support being a 'sticky' in the MR forum.

jusy my two cents - and thank you again for your dedication and contributions!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I came to post that this is actually a fairly common recurring price point for MSP-SGN.

I would like to reiterate riphamilton's post that the finds are appreciated, and several have tempted me, but in the "new thread per deal format" are cluttering the MR forum.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: united airlines
Are there links for these flights ex-US cities on UA to English language websites rather than German ones? Or can one see those same websites in English? I don't recall other posts not in English, especially not ones ex-US cities.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
DL ORD-SGN

Just found lots of dates between September and November for $754-$850.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by riphamilton
BobKop,

you post some great deals. thank you for your contributions to the forum!

however, i think the sheer volume of your individual threads dilutes the MR forum as a whole. many of us have various RSS/IFTTT alerts set to send us emails or push notifications when there is a new thread, or a specific keyword posted.

is there any chance i could convince you to maybe try any of the following:

(a) condense your deals more thoroughly: today, for example, you posted two threads for UA/NH deals to SGN - one ex-NYC, the other ex-MSP - for roughly the same price. because my alerts are triggered by "UA" in the title, i received two push notifications for essentially the same deal. titling the deal as "NYC/MSP-SGN" would have been just as effective, resulted in one less notification for me, a less cluttered forum, and less work for you.

(b) tighten the threshold for the MR deals posted. if we applied a 3.5cpm criteria (and perhaps the rest were posted in the "good deals" thread), then there would only have been 6 new threads posted today instead of 17. granted, this should be a judgment call since many airports are relatively expensive, so anything sub-4cpm is a super deal at those airports.

(c) start a "bobkop's daily deals" megathread, which i would even support being a 'sticky' in the MR forum.

jusy my two cents - and thank you again for your dedication and contributions!
BobKop I would +1 this message as well. I appreciate the deals, and it's great to see more volume back in the forum. However I think sticking with a 3.5cpm or so cpm would be great, as would combining departure cities into a single post ( e.g. NYC/MSP - SGN). Thanks for the hard work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.