Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK/MCO/MIA/LAX-IGU falls $272+ ai q1RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2015, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tonei
DEAD

When and where are you traveling?

16-Aug-2015 -- 21-Aug-2015 JFK-LIM-IGU (4 nights)-GIG (4 nights) -IGU-LIM (1 night) -JFK dantorsiello
21-Aug-2015 -- 23-Aug-2015 JFK-LIM-GRU (10 hours)-IGU (1.5 days)-GRU (8 days)-LIM-JFK anandrag
10-Nov-2015 -- 15-Nov-2015 JFK-SCL-GIG (2 nights) - IGU (2 nights) - GRU-LIM-JFK Adam1222
11-NOV-2015--15-NOV-2015 JFK-LIM-IGU(2 nights)-IGU-GRU(1 night)-LIM-JFK Long Train Runnin'
18-Nov-2015 -- 28-Nov-2015 JFK-LIM-IGU (2-3 days)-GIG (2-4 days) -IGU-LIM-JFK FPmiles
20-Nov-2015 -- 27-Nov-2015 (OAK)-LAX-LIM-GRU (4 nights)-IGU (2 nights)-LIM-LAX-(SFO) tonei
20-Nov-2015 -- 30-Nov-2015 (SJC)-LAX-LIM-GRU-IGU (2 nights) -GIG (5-6 nights)-SCL-LIM-LAX-(SJC) mtvesuvius
21-Nov-2015 -- 23-Nov-2015 LAX-LIM-GRU-IGU-GRU-LIM-LAX jetsarefast2
23-Nov-2015 -- 30-Nov-2015 LAX-LIM (2.5 days)-IGU (2 days)-LIM (14 hours)-LAX jetsarefast2
25-Nov-2015 -- 29-Nov-2015 MCO-LIM (overnight) -IGU (3 nights) -LIM (overnight) -MCO rivlinm

General Travel Information
Brazil Tourist Visa Questions and Answers
CDC information on Iguaçu Falls

Suggestions for what to do/where to stay/how to get around in ...

IGU
http://wikitravel.org/en/Iguaçu_Falls

GRU

LIM

LAN Economy Tips/Quirks/Etc

Mileage Credit
LAN: O credits 100% to AA for international flights outside of South America."http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/airlines/lan.jsp"]Link[/URL]) AS earning rules are unclear, but ask and you might get lucky. (Link)
TAM: O credits 0% to AA for all flights prior to October 1; starting October 1 O credits 50% to AA for intra-Brazil flights and 100% to AA for international flights. (Y and B fares credit 100% on intra-Brazil) (Link)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK/MCO/MIA/LAX-IGU falls $272+ ai q1RT

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by skunker
Stop posting. Just stop. See my posts 44 and 75. Flights to/from Brazil allow booking B, which earns 100%.

Code:
 VIA LA  Y     REQUIRED      WITHIN BRAZIL                   
 VIA LA  B     REQUIRED      O- FARES  BETWEEN BRAZIL-SOUTH
In theory, yes. In practice, sometimes they credit the itinerary as an O class under the original fare basis code for the itinerary. I've had that happened many times, and it's no use fighting AA about it.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
In theory, yes. In practice, sometimes they credit the itinerary as an O class under the original fare basis code for the itinerary. I've had that happened many times, and it's no use fighting AA about it.
Why no use fighting when you have itin showing fare classes?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I have never had that happen with AA. Admittedly I have never flown LAN but I have flown most of the other oneworld carriers and never had problems getting credit for the booking code, not the fare code. AA itself does a lot of booking code and fare code differences with their *UP fares.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Why no use fighting when you have itin showing fare classes?
Itineraries via travel agents don't normally show booking class, I'm not sure how to dig that up. I gave up when AA called LAN and LAN said it was "O" for everything.

I also had segments flown on MH credited the same way.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by keitherson
Itineraries via travel agents don't normally show booking class, I'm not sure how to dig that up. I gave up when AA called LAN and LAN said it was "O" for everything.

I also had segments flown on MH credited the same way.
So, have you actually flown this fare or is this based upon something different? What did your boarding passes say for booking code? Or the website?

This specific fare (which is now gone) required B to/from Brazil and Y intra-Brazil.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by skunker
So, have you actually flown this fare or is this based upon something different? What did your boarding passes say for booking code? Or the website?

This specific fare (which is now gone) required B to/from Brazil and Y intra-Brazil.
This is based on a previous LAN fare I flew like a year ago
Old May 22, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Booking Class Table
Search: Departing LIM on 11/12/15 for IGU
Fare basis code BEEFFZ0F
Flying LA
Routing via Western Hemisphere
Booking Class

>$LB7
007 LIMIGU 12NOV15 LA USD 1878.00 BEEFFZ0F STAY---/-- BK-B
FARE CLS EXPLANATION BOOK CODES
-------- ---------------------- ----------
BEEFFZ0F ECONOMY UNRESTRICTED FARES B
BEEFFZ0F WITHIN AREA 1 APPLIES FOR ONE WAY FARES
BEEFFZ0F FOR ADULT

BOOKING CODE EXCEPTIONS
VIA VW Y REQUIRED
IF VIA LA B- FARES
B/H REQUIRED BETWEEN SCL-IPC
VIA LA H/Y REQUIRED WITHIN CHILE
VIA LA B/Y REQUIRED WITHIN PERU
VIA LA B/Y REQUIRED WITHIN ARGENTINA
VIA LA B REQUIRED WITHIN COLOMBIA
VIA LA B REQUIRED WITHIN ECUADOR
VIA LA Y REQUIRED WITHIN BRAZIL
IF VIA LA B- FARES WITHIN SOUTH AMERICA
B REQUIRED WITHIN SOUTH AMERICA
B REQUIRED BETWEEN BRAZIL-SOUTH AMERICA
Y/B REQUIRED WITHIN SOUTH AMERICA

FF has free cancel, free changes, preferred seat slection etc
Old May 22, 2015, 1:40 pm

My flight goes to NYC->LIM->SAO->IGU there and IGU->SAO->etc back, is it possible to just get off at SAO and catch the return flight via IGU. Will LAN cancel my entire ticket if I do that?
Old May 22, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by ImageMan
My flight goes to NYC->LIM->SAO->IGU there and IGU->SAO->etc back, is it possible to just get off at SAO and catch the return flight via IGU. Will LAN cancel my entire ticket if I do that?
Yes
Old May 22, 2015, 2:11 pm

Yes
What if I 'miss' my flight and I am at the airport?
Old May 22, 2015, 2:22 pm

Risky 'strategery'...
Old May 22, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Yes
All remaining legs will be canceled. You're not the first person to have this idea. It doesn't work.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
Thanks! Using WN points from home-LAX-home. Booked on carrier. LAX-LIM-GRU-IGU-GRU-LIM-LAX for $402.67 for 0 days, 3.5 hours (MR) in mid-November.
Too bad you are missing IGU, one of the most spectacular places I have ever been.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by dmc511
Too bad you are missing IGU, one of the most spectacular places I have ever been.
The second time I'll be spending time there. The itineraries combined will be LAX-LIM-GRU-LIM-LIM//LIM-GRU-IGU//IGU-LIM-LAX. Thank you for your message.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
So anyway I can get an e-receipt to see my original booking code? When I ITA'd this it was O for the 1st and last segment and Y/B for the rest, but on LANs site it shows OLESPHWT for ALL LA/JJ segments, and of course, I'm 2 weeks too early to earn the full 100% on JJ flights w/ the O as it earns NOTHING.

Anyway to get the original e-receipt showing the Y/B, booked with Orbitz and just sent them an email, but other suggestions are appreciated!

To add more info for intra S America
JJ scl-gig
JJ gig-igu
JJ igu-gru
JJ gru-scl

I've read 44 and 75 and based on that I'd think I'm going to earn 100% being going in and out of brasil.

Last edited by zabes64; May 23, 2015 at 5:03 pm Reason: added info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.