Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Copa: CUN-POA $164 ai RT (1.9 cpm)

Old May 19, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Maybe you guys already know... but here it is... I see some dates still available:

July 1 - 5
July 5 - 12
July 8 - 15
Old May 19, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
FWIW, am also seeing LIM at $194 from CUN.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Copa: $164 cun-poa 1.9 cpm

I cannot find the POA deal into next year, but the LIM deal works into 2016 it seems
Old May 20, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
CUN-POA-CUN in June
$127 usd (€114)
Try some European OTAs

Dates for the POA deal end on the 15th of July.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Copa: $164 cun-poa 1.9 cpm

If you book this post July 1, it will service the 4 flights on CM metal requirement of the new Connect Miles FFP.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA; British Avios
Just got 8 people onboard on this deal in July, taking advantage of the extended layover in panama city wich allows a visit to the panama canal and a couple of other things in panama city and taking advantage of the cheap airlines in brasil for a hop down to Rio de janeiro!. Thanks op!
Old May 22, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: Lotz
Porto Allegre is as good as Rio or Sao Paulo. Maybe better.

But I worry this may be a mistake fare since all the others are like $1500 at least and I'm not counting on Copa honoring a $150 fare.

Also getting to Cancun isn't a lot less on points or money than just getting to Brazil straight without all the traveling for days.

I played with this for a couple days and finally decided it's better to just wait for a $450 fare straight to Brazil.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:40 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by tassojunior
But I worry this may be a mistake fare since all the others are like $1500 at least and I'm not counting on Copa honoring a $150 fare.

Also getting to Cancun isn't a lot less on points or money than just getting to Brazil straight without all the traveling for days.
I hear you on the positioning flights. We are using Southwest (MDW-CUN) with a Companion Pass, so the price is pretty low.

It is also cancellable, which brings up the question, when are we safe on these tickets? Does Copa have a history on what could be a mistake fare? (I don't recall them cancelling tickets.)
Old May 23, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: Lotz
If you are using the CP that's great. I have an old WN standard award (expires 10/15) and a CP I could use too but no one else to go so I'm saving it for something with a companion to a central america.

Since availability is really scarce I don't think a long stopover in PTY is possible. If so I'd go because I can get free nights in PTY through IHG. But a day and a half is a long way to get to Brazil when United has non-stops to Sao Paulo of 10 hours from here.

Mexican rules would apply and I don't want to chance a mistake fare last-minute mess-up.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:50 am

Just as a follow up, this has been the best deal I`ve taken so far.
I got 8 people on board on the Deal, Copa issued an E-ticket 1 hr after the purchase for all of us.
Before the flight, I called Copa and Challenged my UA Silver status and was granted Copa Silver status.
On the day of the flights I was upgraded on all the segments all the way down to brazil, but not only that, I was able to sponsor 1 other person on my group for free to be upgraded on all the flights (It could have been 2 persons If I would have been a gold member).
So bottom line, 139USD for a round trip ticket in first class to Brazil, best deal so far!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by abrutus
Just as a follow up, this has been the best deal I`ve taken so far.
I got 8 people on board on the Deal, Copa issued an E-ticket 1 hr after the purchase for all of us.
Before the flight, I called Copa and Challenged my UA Silver status and was granted Copa Silver status.
On the day of the flights I was upgraded on all the segments all the way down to brazil, but not only that, I was able to sponsor 1 other person on my group for free to be upgraded on all the flights (It could have been 2 persons If I would have been a gold member).
So bottom line, 139USD for a round trip ticket in first class to Brazil, best deal so far!
Same here. I booked this in May and traveled in June without a match over to CM. $142 RT.^

Still got upgraded the whole way as well, and CUN-PTY I was the only pax in J. Making it 9/9 Copa CPUs in my "career".

I agree this was the best value MR I've ever had considering the upgrades, comfort and BIS miles to boot (and a couple of unique lines on my FlightDiary). 1.8cpm in domestic J/F the whole way? I'll take it.

The only negative was the INSANE heat/humidity in CUN/PTY, paired with the relative cold in POA.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I wished I could've gotten in on these, even with paying to get to CUN it would've been a decent deal from YVR-POA, you'll pay through the nose! I enjoy flying on CM as well, plus they earn 100% to AP so it's a great way to get miles for status or just for redeeming in the future, obviously I wouldn't have used it as an MR, but hey I've already got the Brazilian visa, so I'm just waiting to go back at this point. I'd do LIM as well, fingers crossed they do some more of these in 2016 when I'll need some segs to keep my status.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tblack15
The only negative was the INSANE heat/humidity in CUN/PTY, paired with the relative cold in POA.
I second that. Cancun was hot but nothing I wasnt expected but PTY, have mercy!.
To start off, one one of the terminals the AC is not working, so the temps get pretty hot!. I arranged to have a 10 hr layover so that we could drive to the panama canal downtown and it was pretty much 100F the whole day and very humid!
At the end of the day, before taking the night flight to POA, I got into the COPA club and enjoyed a refreshing shower! thats all I needed!.
I guess if somebody is planing a long layover in PTY, a day pass to the copa club (just for the showers) may be worth it!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by abrutus
To start off, one one of the terminals the AC is not working, so the temps get pretty hot!
I can 2nd this!

Flew through PTY twice last month and the end where all the Colombian flights depart (among others)...wow, when you see the Panamanians fanning themselves you know it's hot. Luckily the gate AC was still working for the aircrafts but indoors it wasn't. I felt so bad for the girl working at the miniature Domino's and sandwich place, it's already hot in there then the AC is off? Grosssssss.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I can 2nd this!

Flew through PTY twice last month and the end where all the Colombian flights depart (among others)...wow, when you see the Panamanians fanning themselves you know it's hot. Luckily the gate AC was still working for the aircrafts but indoors it wasn't. I felt so bad for the girl working at the miniature Domino's and sandwich place, it's already hot in there then the AC is off? Grosssssss.
Did you use the Copa Club lounge at PTY? I trust their AC is working. At least I sure hope so -- will be passing through there next week en route to MDE, with a 2.5-hr layover.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.