Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCO > CUZ $469- LAN (AA) June, July '15

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Just in time for the Inti Raymi annual festival to worship the Sun God (end of June) and maybe visit Machu Picchu.

Various days late June with a return end of June, early and mid-July, some other dates in August. etc. Good price because the Cuzco segment is usually a minimum of $200- r/t.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

No the CUZ route is normally 9,000 avios RT
Old May 5, 2015, 8:24 pm

Nice!

Some interesting routings available on the return at the same fare, including AQP and JUL.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Thumbs up

MCO-LIM books into O and LIM-CUZ and other domestic segments into Y. This is good for AA earners because LAN's domestic Y and Other-International O (deep discount economy) earn 100% on AA. The domestic LIM-CUZ earns 1 EQP/mi and the international just 0.50 EQP/mi.

At 7.12cpm for 100% mileage earning this isn't quite a great mileage run by itself, but there are some very lucrative travel plans that can be constructed.

As OP notes, LIM-CUZ and other domestic Peruvian flights can be very expensive relative to this total fare.

As BumpMe! notes, you can route in either direction with 1 or 2 stops.

Also, one stopover is permitted and open jaws are permitted in the fare rules. I was able to find these for free in a number of Peruvian cities.

For example, one could fly MCO-LIM-CUZ/CUZ-JUL//AQP-LIM-MCO to spend time in and around (1) Cuzco during the Inti Raymi festival, Machu Picchu, and the Sacred Valley, (2) Lake Titicaca and Puno, (3) Arequipa and Colca Canyon, and (4) a 23-hr layover in Lima if desired.

As an AA Gold this would give me 5 segments and drops it down to 5.29cpm for 8863 miles.

ITA was pricing out in the mid $600s for me but $469 was easily located via momondo on Expedia and Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.