Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] US: PHL-CPH $143 Dec/Jan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] US: PHL-CPH $143 Dec/Jan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:34 pm

TFD says it's an error due to caching?

Update 4/27/2015 @ 5:40PM Eastern – sorry everyone. Skyscanner is heavily caching these and they looked all gone when you actually try to book. Sorry about this.

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2015/04...#ixzz3YYVvPinZ
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:56 pm
STG

Programs: AA Plat, Avis PP, Marriott / SPG Plat, WN ALP
[Retracted - Sorry pfbloom!]

Last edited by STG; Apr 28, 2015 at 7:48 am
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by STG
Yup, TFD retracted it. And they actually retracted it before pfbloom posted the deal on FT
Oh gee whiz, 15 minute delay - I was slow-typing on my mobile sitting in a rental car on the North Shore of Oahu. This is how I spend my Hawaii vacation - posting on FT ? Sick!

But of more interest, I now seem to see more deals hitting TFD than the MR deal forum on FT. Not editorializing, but curious, is TFD the go-to site for breaking deals now?

Personally I think the TFD site is a great resource and postings are usually sound and vetted. And some good TFD deals never make this forum.

Last edited by pfbloom; Apr 28, 2015 at 12:19 am
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by pfbloom
Oh gee whiz, 15 minute delay - I was slow-typing on my mobile sitting in a rental car on the North Shore of Oahu. This is how I spend my Hawaii vacation - posting on FT ? Sick!

But of more interest, I now seem to see more deals hitting TFD than the MR deal forum on FT. Not editorializing, but curious, is TFD the go-to site for breaking deals now?

Personally I think the TFD site is a great resource and postings are usually sound and vetted. And some good TFD deals never make this forum.
Ignore the trolls. Keep posting ^
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:01 am

Seeing similar prices on bravofly.com for June-July-August. My killer quote was $242 for 7/21-8/2, for TWO people. But every time I went to book it redirected, no matter what currency, VPN IP, or language webpage I went through.

I saw them last night, but as with last night, today's prices automatically redirect the minute you click them. Somewhere the system thinks its cheap but when you go to pay or put info in, it goes away.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:45 am
STG

Originally Posted by pfbloom

Didn't mean to troll you pfbloom. I spoke out of frustration from spending so much time trying to get this deal to work. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

As for your question, yes, I think TFD is the go-to site for breaking deals now, and they're normally very reliable (they were also very disappointed by Skyscanner: https://twitter.com/TheFlightDeal/st...05092388171777). FT is still great though. I use both.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Were any tickets actually sold at this price? Just curious.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
TFD posts good deals, most are not considered mileage runs. Less than 5 cpm. They are usually already posted in the good deals economy section. A lot of flights on TFD aren't even that great. 700$ for lax to south Asia, that's normal for off season and off peak days. But still a good site to use. Just annoying when it's not bookable

Last edited by hiima; Apr 28, 2015 at 11:58 am
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:25 pm
STG

Originally Posted by Orion
Were any tickets actually sold at this price? Just curious.
On Twitter some folks claim they got the fare, but it wasn't clear whether they actually tried to book the fare, or just saw it listed on Skyscanner (the fare changed after you entered passenger information).

https://twitter.com/TheFlightDeal/st...98631436165121
https://twitter.com/TheFlightDeal/st...05092388171777

My guess is no one was able to book confirmed tickets.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:57 pm

Immediately after I saw it break on twitter I tried to buy and was unable to... So within 2 minutes of it being posted I was denied

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.