Reload this Page >

AA: $616 Houston (IAH) to Hong Kong (HKG) November 3.6/ 16,662 Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: $616 Houston (IAH) to Hong Kong (HKG) November 3.6/ 16,662 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
While I'm not watching closely enough to say for sure, it seems that both sides turn on a sale for a very limited time. Hours? A day? (Rhetorical) Anyway, all good.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
While I'm not watching closely enough to say for sure, it seems that both sides turn on a sale for a very limited time. Hours? A day? (Rhetorical) Anyway, all good.
ICN fare lasted about a day, HKG from DFW was gone in hours.

The one from TYR was around for about three days.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, KF Silver, BA Blue
Deal is back on Google Flights, but for $734 (4.4cpm)
Available Sept/Oct/Nov/Early December.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by EmailKid
ICN fare lasted about a day, HKG from DFW was gone in hours.
I find it curious that most/all of the HKG deals seem to abruptly end in early Dec, afterwhich they double in price.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by GaryZ
I find it curious that most/all of the HKG deals seem to abruptly end in early Dec, afterwhich they double in price.
Most likely students going home for break
Old May 13, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Originally Posted by GaryZ
Most likely students going home for break
Almost all deals everywhere die Dec 15. Holidays.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
AA Econ "O" cannot be upgraded with Avios.

Yea/Nay?
Odds of the upgrade on the DFW-HKG & return are so bad already even for AA members that I doubt many (if any) Avios/BA folks get any upgrades.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
Slightly off-topic....

Fare is available for LAX/SNA as well, and was able to grab flights in early Nov and early Dec.

$775.20, 21300 EQM (3.6 cpm)
SNA-ORD-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD-SNA

$783.20, 21338 EQM (3.7 cpm)
LAX-ORD-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD-LAX

Simpler routing can be had for $696.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UAL1200
Fare is available for LAX/SNA as well, and was able to grab flights in early Nov and early Dec.

$775.20, 21300 EQM (3.6 cpm)
SNA-ORD-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD-SNA

$783.20, 21338 EQM (3.7 cpm)
LAX-ORD-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD-LAX

Simpler routing can be had for $696.
Could someone tell me if I am doing an American Platinum Challenge, how many EQ "POINTS" will I earn? for these routings?
Old May 18, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by John DELTA
Could someone tell me if I am doing an American Platinum Challenge, how many EQ "POINTS" will I earn? for these routings?
It depends... Where are you flying out of? IAH or SNA/LAX?

I am able to milk 9,142 EPQ out of the following route: IAH-DFW-ORD-NRT-HKG-NRT-ORD-DFW-IAH

Any more complicated routings showing up on ITA Matrix are not showing up on AA's website when I try to book.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerJT
It depends... Where are you flying out of? IAH or SNA/LAX?

I am able to milk 9,142 EPQ out of the following route: IAH-DFW-ORD-NRT-HKG-NRT-ORD-DFW-IAH
I would prefer LAX/SNA for more miles if I can route back eastward from there....otherwise I just need to 10,000 EQP initially for the Platinum Challenge and a total of 50,000 Miles (to be done over the 3-month challenge)
Old May 18, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I would prefer LAX/SNA for more miles if I can route back eastward from there....otherwise I just need to 10,000 EQP initially for the Platinum Challenge and a total of 50,000 Miles (to be done over the 3-month challenge)
Oh wow! Your challenge has both the 10k EQP and 50k EQM requirements? Have you started the challenge yet, or are you planning to start it?
Old May 18, 2015, 5:23 pm

I show 10,657 EQP (for both elite and non-elite) for LAX-ORD-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD-LAX.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Oh wow! Your challenge has both the 10k EQP and 50k EQM requirements? Have you started the challenge yet, or are you planning to start it?
My reference is from here:

Once you earn 10,000 EQPs, you’ll automatically be granted Platinum status, and it will reflect on your account. Usually, this happens within 3 business days of your last flight, though it could take longer depending on if your last flight was on American metal or not. Once your status is granted, to maintain it, you still have to fly the 50,000 miles or EQPs by the end of the calendar year to retain it through the next year. Upon completion of the challenge, you’ll also be given (4) 500 mile upgrades.

*And to clarify - I am contemplating bailing on Delta & their SkyRubles, so I have NOT started my AAmerican Platinum Challenge yet
Old May 19, 2015, 12:27 pm

Thumbs up

My reference is from here:

Once you earn 10,000 EQPs, you’ll automatically be granted Platinum status, and it will reflect on your account. Usually, this happens within 3 business days of your last flight, though it could take longer depending on if your last flight was on American metal or not. Once your status is granted, to maintain it, you still have to fly the 50,000 miles or EQPs by the end of the calendar year to retain it through the next year. Upon completion of the challenge, you’ll also be given (4) 500 mile upgrades.

*And to clarify - I am contemplating bailing on Delta & their SkyRubles, so I have NOT started my AAmerican Platinum Challenge yet
AH! Then wait to start it until after June 16th :-) You will pay a little more ($240) for the challenge, but then you keep the status through Feb 2017. No need to try to qualify again for Mar 2016-Feb 2017 period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.