EY: NRT-GRU $697 rt 1.3cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY: NRT-GRU $697 rt 1.3cpm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Boogie711
He's referring to AA mileage credit. And for AA, it doesn't matter - it earns 0 Elite Status Qualifying miles on AA. If you want plain old simple RDM's, you'd do better to open a credit card or simply buy them.
I might be mistaken but the AA chart seems to indicate that EY E fares earn 100% base miles (EQMs), no?

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/etihad.jsp
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JFKjolly
I might be mistaken but the AA chart seems to indicate that EY E fares earn 100% base miles (EQMs), no?

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/etihad.jsp
No. Base miles are not EQMs. Base miles are the same type of mile you get from opening a credit card, etc. Compare the AA earning chart for Etihad to the earning chart for any OW partner and you'll see two obvious differences- the inclusion of the phrase "elite qualifying," and a section dedicated to elite qualifying points.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
He's referring to AA mileage credit. And for AA, it doesn't matter - it earns 0 Elite Status Qualifying miles on AA. If you want plain old simple RDM's, you'd do better to open a credit card or simply buy them.
Not to mention it can be a hassle to get the RDMs to post on AA. Only one leg of four for a recent trip posted automatically, the rest I had request. Been two week and not posted yet. And after flying a similar distance on EY, I wouldn't want to do it again...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:54 pm

No. Base miles are not EQMs. Base miles are the same type of mile you get from opening a credit card, etc. Compare the AA earning chart for Etihad to the earning chart for any OW partner and you'll see two obvious differences- the inclusion of the phrase "elite qualifying," and a section dedicated to elite qualifying points.
Ah, I see the distinction now. Thanks! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.