UA: YYZ-HNL, $450 USD ($569 CAD), 4.1 cpm, or $1170 USD (7.3 cpm) in first

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

UA has pretty wide availability from Toronto to Honolulu for $569 CAD, which is ~$450 USD. Can route on the direct EWR-HNL flight for YYZ-EWR-HNL-EWR-YYZ or get slightly more miles by stopping in LAX each way. YYZ-EWR-LAX-HNL-LAX-EWR-YYZ with 500-mile minimums is 11,020 MQM, or 4.09 cpm. Sample dates are 5/28-6/2. Use Google flights to piece together the itinerary and it'll send you to United's site. Books into G.

You can also book this in first for a total price of $1476 CAD, or $1170 USD. That books into P. I don't know UA's mileage program all that well, but assuming that earns 150% PQM, that ups the earning to 16,074 MQM, which is 7.3 cpm. I might prefer the direct EWR-HNL flight because it has lie-flats as opposed to the recliner seats. I can see that for the same price on ITA, but having trouble recreating the availability in P on Google flights/United.com, at least on those sample dates there, 5/28-6/2 (with the final EWR-YYZ leg on 6/3). I can find the availability on the outbound, but not the return, so I suspect it's actually there if you try different dates.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Nice find, I got one from april 16 - 20 in P, 1481 all in, for about 15000 Miles on Aeroplan.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
DL is matching.

FWIW, it's a G (or L in P, so L-Up?) fare. If anyone wants to stop in a warmer part of continental NA on the way, UA says:
2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH
DIRECTION IN CHI/DEN/LAX/SFO/HOU/EWR/CLE AT USD 55.81
EACH.
INFANT IS FREE.
NOTE -
STOPOVER POINT/S/ MUST BE ON THE PERMITTED
ROUTING.
AND - 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN
EACH DIRECTION IN HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH/ITO AT
USD 74.42 EACH.
INFANT IS FREE.
NOTE -
STOPOVER POINT/S/ MUST BE ON THE PERMITTED
ROUTING.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by steveholt
I might prefer the direct EWR-HNL flight because it has lie-flats as opposed to the recliner seats.
Does anyone know if UA make a configuration change to their Hawaii 777 fleet? Or are only some of the planes fitted with the lieflats? The Mainline spreadsheet shows 9 Hawaiian 777s, but I dunno if it's always been that many.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Thanks OP! I was considering purchasing PQMs to make 1K this year, but I just purchased this for a weekend in June which should put me over the top!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Novemurr
Does anyone know if UA make a configuration change to their Hawaii 777 fleet? Or are only some of the planes fitted with the lieflats? The Mainline spreadsheet shows 9 Hawaiian 777s, but I dunno if it's always been that many.
To my knowledge, none of the Hawaii 777's have lie-flat. You need to look for the 764's that fly to HNL (EWR/IAH/IAD and occasionally elsewhere)
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:28 pm

I have noticed this fare since January. I have been considering Hawaii for our summer vacation, but it doesn't seem as if there is any need to rush to book this fare.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Yes, it's been around for a while. It's this deal that hasn't gone away.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-w-4-7cpm.html

Going next week on a ticket that I booked over a month ago. ^
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:12 pm

I wonder why this route is so (relatively) inexpensive. If it weren't for the fact that hotel rates at the properties we are interested in are sky-high (even in what I would guess is the August low season), I would have already purchased tickets.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
all the canadian cities to hawaii have been really good the last 6-8 months or so...
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan
From what I've seen over the past year, $569 CAD seems to be the standard low fare from YYZ to Hawaii. Over that time period, I've seen an occasional dip to the $545-$549 CAD range on either AA or DL from either YYZ or YUL, but that's about it.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
all the canadian cities to hawaii have been really good the last 6-8 months or so...
AC started to put ROUGE flights to HNL so it heated up the competition, if anyone would be stupid enough to fly Rouge with 28" seat pitch, and limited mileage to most programs.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by why fly
AC started to put ROUGE flights to HNL so it heated up the competition, if anyone would be stupid enough to fly Rouge with 28" seat pitch, and limited mileage to most programs.
Rouge now gives the same mileage credit as mainline Air Canada for the applicable fare class.

I agree with you about seat pitch unless you pay extra for an exit row!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: UA AA DL BA Marriott Hilton SPG
Cool

Originally Posted by Novemurr
Is this UA fare price upgradable to lie-flat biz?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
From a low fare point of view to HNL, I'm finding the prices in western Canada more interesting than from YYZ at the moment. Rouge flights from and to YVR, but I'm seeing a few from YVR going for $328 CAD return to HNL. From YYC $338 CAD return. Promo code with AC ends in only a few hours from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.