UA: IAD-DFW ~$110 AI RT (4.7 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec

Select dates available for same day turns in April and May from IAD to DFW nonstop (2342 miles RT) for ~$110 AI RT. Many more options available for the same price for non same-day turns.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by Pizzaman87
Select dates available for same day turns in April and May from IAD to DFW nonstop (2342 miles RT) for ~$110 AI RT. Many more options available for the same price for non same-day turns.
How many RDMs earned?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:15 pm

Google flights shows them operated by Mesa Airlines. Does that allow for UA mile accrual? Might go down and eat bbq for 4 hours.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Originally Posted by sunchip
Google flights shows them operated by Mesa Airlines. Does that allow for UA mile accrual? Might go down and eat bbq for 4 hours.
Mesa Airlines dba United Express. So you get RDM/PQM/PQD. It even counts toward UA Lifetime Miles.

Unfortunately, this fare is typically the same aircraft turning around, so not enough time for BBQ.

BTW, I did this flight last week, except in a CR7. That was uncomfortable even up front, must have been torture in the back. Spot-check of the $111 dates shows it will be on an E75, which is a huge improvement.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
AA doesn't seem to want to play
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
How many RDMs earned?
Depends on your status, but anywhere from 5x to 11x the dollar spend exclusive of taxes: http://mileageplusupdates.com/

Express accrues RDMs and PQMs as much as any mainline flight. Some of these are mainline A320s btw...

Originally Posted by wh6cto
Unfortunately, this fare is typically the same aircraft turning around, so not enough time for BBQ.

BTW, I did this flight last week, except in a CR7. That was uncomfortable even up front, must have been torture in the back. Spot-check of the $111 dates shows it will be on an E75, which is a huge improvement.
Some of these fares are overnight trips, so BBQ becomes an option. I'd hate to be an a CR7 that long. Agree that E-jets are a much better choice there.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Good for them. Perhaps they'll have something similar going on at IAH for good measure. No need for AA to match at DFW since they own 4 out of 5 terminals there...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by UA900
Quote:

How many RDMs earned?

Depends on your status, but anywhere from 5x to 11x the dollar spend exclusive of taxes: http://mileageplusupdates.com/

Quote:

Express accrues RDMs and PQMs as much as any mainline flight. Some of these are mainline A320s btw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wh6cto

Some of these fares are overnight trips, so BBQ becomes an option. I'd hate to be an a CR7 that long. Agree that E-jets are a much better choice there.

Quote:

Good for them. Perhaps they'll have something similar going on at IAH for good measure. No need for AA to match at DFW since they own 4 out of 5 terminals there...
But they have Jack squat at IAD
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
How many RDMs earned?
I see that these fares are only available after March 1st. So, you will earn practically no RDMs.

Based on a fare of $78 (before taxes and fees), if you are a general member, you get 390 RDMs. If you are Premier 1K, you get a whopping 858 RDMs.

Welcome to the new world of mileage earning...

More details: http://mileageplusupdates.com/
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyerJT
I see that these fares are only available after March 1st. So, you will earn practically no RDMs.

I think of it as the countdown to the new world of non-mileage earning
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
But they have Jack squat at IAD
I assume "they" is a reference to AA. It's true enough that AA prefers DCA, like most people in the DC area who don't need to go on a MR to say BAH or DXB...

Originally Posted by FlyerJT

Based on a fare of $78 (before taxes and fees), if you are a general member, you get 390 RDMs. If you are Premier 1K, you get a whopping 858 RDMs.

More details: http://mileageplusupdates.com/
Indeed. If you think that's bad, look at what LH from US to EU will be earning as a L fare on a non-016 ticket stock after 3/1. Similar story for all the other partners btw.

Originally Posted by Nikongirl
I think of it as the countdown to the new world of non-mileage earning
More like the countdown towards MRs that focus a lot more on PQM and a lot less on RDM. Manufactured spend is the new MR for RDMs and traditional low cost MRs become focused on PQMs. The Premium Deals forum is where the two meet, but the low cost runs are dead of those that were chasing RDMs more than PQMs.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Just think...11 of these and you have just about made Silver status on UA. No, wait, you are only a third of the way on the spend hurdle.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by luckypierre
Just think...11 of these and you have just about made Silver status on UA. No, wait, you are only a third of the way on the spend hurdle.
LOL, I've got about 20K in BIS/PQM so far this year, and I'm barely halfway to the PQD requirement for Silver. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will most likely only hit Gold for 2016 due to PQD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.