Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa: Ord-dfw-hkg r/t $770, 4 cpm

Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Many dates are available through Google Flights for this one.

Sample: Feb 2 - Feb 5.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...015-02-05;a=AA

17,802 EQM
8,901 EQP

$770 USD
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
shows 865 for me on Google and ITA!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I did this run twice this year, for my meeting, SWUs did not clear in fact; last flight DFW/HKG portion 29SWU request and I was at number 23. If you are counting on your SWUs this may not be the line for you.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Early December weekend mileage run, DFW-HKG, I was number 41 going and 38 coming home. yikes. Would hope earlier in the year the odds are better. I was sitting among many doing just what I was doing a mileage run.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by trekker954
Early December weekend mileage run, DFW-HKG, I was number 41 going and 38 coming home. yikes. Would hope earlier in the year the odds are better. I was sitting among many doing just what I was doing a mileage run.
Were you a thru passenger or originating out of DFW?

I did SEA-DFW-HKG-DFW-SEA and cleared each way without a problem.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Just got back from a run of this and was below 40th on the upgrade list both ways. Tons of mileage runners doing the US CP/EXP challenge.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Just got back from a run of this and was below 40th on the upgrade list both ways. Tons of mileage runners doing the US CP/EXP challenge.
Ditto. Did it earlier this week and was 7th on the way out (only 4 cleared) and 12th on the way back (again 4 cleared at the gate). Not looking good now with the CP challenge.....plenty of EXPs sitting in MCE. At least got row 16th
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Were you a thru passenger or originating out of DFW?

I did SEA-DFW-HKG-DFW-SEA and cleared each way without a problem.
How long ago did you book? How far in advance did you request the SWU? Did it clear at booking or at the gate? DFW-HKG upgrades seem to have gotten a whole lot harder recently.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by mikelat
How long ago did you book? How far in advance did you request the SWU? Did it clear at booking or at the gate? DFW-HKG upgrades seem to have gotten a whole lot harder recently.
Late fall. Cleared before day of departure but don't remember the specific time frame. I've found being a thru passenger works out well but it would be interesting to find out how often they clear on this route.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Flew it 1/16 and returned 1/20. Grabbed 2 J seats when Ex flyer showed C 5 on 1/15.The return on20th appeared like a sure thing as there were 25 empty seats as of 1/18. but in fact we did not clear for return.
Must have been caused by me changing on 1/15 from AA FFP # to US #s. At HKG check in they confirmed we were #'s 19 and 20. Not sure why we lost so much priority for tix purchased 11/9/14 but row 18 wasn't unbearable and met a very good fellow named Andy from DFW. Good news is that our US account reflects Chairman Preferred as of today.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Today AA started a double miles promo on Asia routes so this gets even better.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Originally Posted by itchief
Great find!

Here's the fine print:

"Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or Million Miler status"

You must register at AA.com prior to departure - use Promo Code Asia3
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by itchief
Look closely though, its not applicable on all fare codes. All 3 of my upcoming trips are on an ineligible fare.

For US/Canada to Tokyo/Korea/Hong Kong:
Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on purchased, published First Class or Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Economy Class fares booked in Y,B,H,K,M,L,V or S on American Airlines operated flights
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by mikelat
Look closely though, its not applicable on all fare codes. All 3 of my upcoming trips are on an ineligible fare.

For US/Canada to Tokyo/Korea/Hong Kong:
On the date I checked, bumping up from the Q fare to the S fare increased the ticker price from $770 to $1,134. Not worth it, IMO.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XLR26
On the date I checked, bumping up from the Q fare to the S fare increased the ticker price from $770 to $1,134. Not worth it, IMO.
Agreed, the upgrade in fare isn't worth it for the bonus miles.

Also for those who have been looking, it looks like the price has been fluctuating on dates for this route quite a bit. It's been ranging from $770 to mid-high $800s. I think AA has been playing a game with the price here. I'm seeing lots of $770 availability again today, but it was gone yesterday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.