Reload this Page >

AA:LAX-DFW-HKG-CGK-HKG-DFW-LAX $627.80/2.9 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA:LAX-DFW-HKG-CGK-HKG-DFW-LAX $627.80/2.9 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:50 pm

have no idea. Did he give a clue? is it in C1 or C2?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
I was able to find this departing 3/22 and returning 3/29 (arriving at Noon on 3/30): LAX-DFW-HKG-BKK // CGK-NRT-DFW-LAX - - $765.90 a/i. Just booked yesterday for travel starting next weekend. I'll have a few days in BKK, then head to Phuket for a few days before heading down to Jakarta.

Looking forward to giving AA a try.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by pdxdtm
I was able to find this departing 3/22 and returning 3/29 (arriving at Noon on 3/30): LAX-DFW-HKG-BKK // CGK-NRT-DFW-LAX - - $765.90 a/i. Just booked yesterday for travel starting next weekend. I'll have a few days in BKK, then head to Phuket for a few days before heading down to Jakarta.

nice. I love the beaches in Phuket. if you have time Bali would be nice too. its generally $50-60 from Bali to CGK.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by pdxdtm

I just did similar on 3/4 -3/11: LAX-DFW-HKG-BKK // CGK-NRT-ORD-DFW-LAX -- $688 a/i. Looking forward to finding another as it was an easy 23K miles.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:57 pm

Can anyone help me out a bit? I'm trying to price a similar route out SFO-DFW-HKG-BKK::CGK-HKG-DFW-SFO. I can get it working at a fare that is good enough for me (3.6 cpm) but I can't seem to get aa.com to price it and I can't find an OTA that can figure it out. All I get from AA.com is like $400 more ($1,160). I did check all carriers on AA.com's search BTW.

Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SCtrojan
Can anyone help me out a bit? I'm trying to price a similar route out SFO-DFW-HKG-BKK::CGK-HKG-DFW-SFO. I can get it working at a fare that is good enough for me (3.6 cpm) but I can't seem to get aa.com to price it and I can't find an OTA that can figure it out. All I get from AA.com is like $400 more ($1,160). I did check all carriers on AA.com's search BTW.
Only recommendation I have is to try and construct it on google.com/flights as they usually have a button on the summary page that will take you direct to aa.com with the booking all setup at the listed price.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by mikelat
Only recommendation I have is to try and construct it on google.com/flights as they usually have a button on the summary page that will take you direct to aa.com with the booking all setup at the listed price.
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and still got the $1160. At first I thought it was because one leg was listed as Cathay Pacific (not a AA codeshare) but there is another share on ITA Matrix that shows up for $50 more with AA and AA codeshare all the way.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sancann
I just did similar on 3/4 -3/11: LAX-DFW-HKG-BKK // CGK-NRT-ORD-DFW-LAX -- $688 a/i. Looking forward to finding another as it was an easy 23K miles.

did you upgrade / clear the DFW-HKG legs?

I'm afraid of that one, I'm EXP but heard that does not clear as easily for Y->C
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
did you upgrade / clear the DFW-HKG legs?

I'm afraid of that one, I'm EXP but heard that does not clear as easily for Y->C
No, my upgrade did not clear. There were over 30 EXP's on the list for about 8 spaces on the morning of. That individual leg was brutal and my back reminded me it was not happy for a couple days.

I've heard you have a better chance if you have purchased your ticket a few months out. But since I had purchased my ticket about ten days before I had no chance.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by sancann
No, my upgrade did not clear. There were over 30 EXP's on the list for about 8 spaces on the morning of. That individual leg was brutal and my back reminded me it was not happy for a couple days.

I've heard you have a better chance if you have purchased your ticket a few months out. But since I had purchased my ticket about ten days before I had no chance.
Haven't tried upgrading DFW-HKG but am 2/2 for HKG-DFW. I have just watched inventory like a hawk and the second I see C inventory open up, I am on the phone in a flash. DFW-HKG is doable in MCE. I would aim for getting row 16 and use your bag as a footrest.

As an FYI, my routing for this run was ORD-DFW-NRT-CGK-HKG-DFW-ORD using the JL and CX code shares. NRT-CGK is a rough 8 hour haul after already doing DFW-NRT for 13+ hours. That being said, the service on JL in Y was pretty stellar. The SkyWider seats have great legroom but boy those cushions are hard as a rock! I did the 12:05am CX flight back to HKG and it's a very easy 4 hours. If you can get row 39 - super legroom on the a333. Downside to that flight is the almost 7.5 hour connection in HKG. Spending my morning lounge hopping and just waiting on the QF lounge to open.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My routing is the following: LAX-DFW-NRT-BKK // CGK-HKG-DFW-LAX for $690 all in Q except for one in S (NRT-BKK).
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Looking forward to departing this week...was curious about the departure 'tax' in CGK. I'm flying in on Thai and then transferring to Cathay...what's the best way to pay for the fee? I won't have any local currency in transit.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just read that Indonesia is waving the $35 Visa-on-entry charge for several more countries' passport holders, including the US and Canada. As for the departure fee, doesn't everyone take U$s, though not sure one pays it on transit flights unless you actually enter the country.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by bakster21
My routing is the following: LAX-DFW-NRT-BKK // CGK-HKG-DFW-LAX for $690 all in Q except for one in S (NRT-BKK).
can you tell me how you booked this? what dates and on what website?

I am new to this mileage runs stuff, but i figure since i'm AA plat this year, i should take advantage and rack up some miles while taking some trips!

thank you!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by nyckid
ouch... 7.41cpm
Doubled price of ticket for V class return for EXP challenge purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.